Cadets Spring Training DVD 2007???

9 hours ago, boxingfred said:

The hand jester ( Sort of bring it, I can take it) Happened after the booing and yelling had already started. The idiots were already Ballistic. I was in the stadium. 

Lot of people seem to forget that part due to their allegiance with the corps.  (Really? Okay?)

I was there as well.  Definitely was booing before and the gesture certainly didn’t help.  I just see this brought up every now and then and this part is often overlooked.  As a leader, any gesture or action you do is looked at with a more critical eye.  Comes with the territory.  Did the Cadets deserve what happened that night and the subsequent nights, definitely not. I see this still leaves a bad impression on people’s memories. 

15 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I was there as well.  Definitely was booing before and the gesture certainly didn’t help.  I just see this brought up every now and then and this part is often overlooked.  As a leader, any gesture or action you do is looked at with a more critical eye.  Comes with the territory.  Did the Cadets deserve what happened that night and the subsequent nights, definitely not. I see this still leaves a bad impression on people’s memories. 

Wasn’t there but remember the discussion here. Seems some people’s opinion of the hand jester was GH making it about himself. Or showing a lack of class by even responding at all. 
Only time I was near GH was the Gettysburg Brass Band Festival when Cadets were part of a preseason exhibition show. GH talked so ..... much it sounded like a Cadets friends and family event instead of a 4 or 5 corps exhibition. Guy next to me kept muttering “it ain’t about you George”

Edited by JimF-LowBari