Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

Oof.  But what is the credibility of "MAASIN" (Marching Arts Access, Safety, and Inclusion Network) & why have we never heard of the organization?  Are they sanctioned by DCI or do they need to be endorsed by DCI?  In their statement, it sounds like The Troopers are questioning the group's credibility?  (They may be great; I'm just asking.)  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

The pageantry leeches are at it again. 🤮

Agreed. Hopefully The Troopers get the punishment they deserve. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

Oof.  But what is the credibility of MAASIN (Marching Arts Access, Safety, and Inclusion Network) & why have we never heard of the organization?  Are they sanctioned by DCI or do they need to be endorsed by DCI? 

This was my internal question as I read through the document on their website. 

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

This was my internal question as I read through the document on their website. 

Does the MAASIN organization know the identity of the anonymous allegations & are withholding their identity to the public as they might be in a criminal investigation?  What is there vetting process, etc?      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Does the MAASIN organization know the identity of the anonymous allegations & are withholding their identity to the public as they might be in a criminal investigation?  What is there vetting process, etc?      

Have you tried contacting them? I'm sure you have... 

2 minutes ago, inbetween said:

Have you tried contacting them? I'm sure you have... 

In the world of "social media justice", that's not the standard protocol.  They maybe a great organization, but I don't see much evidence of any criminal, legal, or judicial backgrounds on their 'meet the member' page.  I'm just asking because I don't know.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Does the MAASIN organization know the identity of the anonymous allegations & are withholding their identity to the public as they might be in a criminal investigation?      

Interesting question. In my own reading of the documents, the sexual misconduct allegation is the main issue that would have a potential legal impact. I am not an attorney, so that is just my take. 

As for the rest...a lot of it reads as griping by members who were disenchanted with their marching experience. That can happen to anybody for many reasons. For the Troopers, it seems like a "Have you stopped beating your wife" kind of thing. How do they answer griping without giving it credence...really, why would they even try. I don't have the negative feeling about their response others seem to have. 

• Like 3

Again, they maybe a great organization.  They could very well save the Marching Arts industry & help protect individuals that choose to participate from any harm.  But it looks like there will be some major legal litigation between this organization & the organizations to which they accuse via social media.  I'm sure MAASIN has an attorney on retainer or on staff?     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx