Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Have you seen the psychos on there?  I permanently deleted my Facebook and deactivated Twitter last Thursday.  And I’m presenting asking myself why I’m posting here.  I think I should probably follow suit here.  Adios. 

Thanks for the drive by Terri.  Be safe in your hibernation and hopefully we'll "see" you in the Spring.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, inbetween said:

Has nothing to do with their failed attempts to protect their members. Stop reacting so emotionally because something that has been around for so long may have made some bad decisions. And now they have to be accountable to those decisions. Yes I am very aware of who Jim Jones "was". And he would be incredibly disappointed in the leadership of his corps. 

You're telling me to "stop reacting so emotionally" while at the same time advocating for the disbandment of the Troopers..............?  I think should take your own advice.  

If the current Director (a female) isn't "protecting" her members from sexual assault and/or sweeping it under the rug then DCI or, better yet, law enforcement should investigate.  Has that happened?  Has DCI looked into this? Have any criminal charges, or civil suits been filed?  What about an outside third-party investigative firm (not some pseudo official sounding wannabe website)? Can DCI force the Troopers to do that and report back their findings?   

Have you ruled out the possibility a 501c3 youth based organization just doesn't know how and has not been properly trained how to deal with internal sexual assault accusations?  Not that that's an excuse, but even large corporations can handle these issues in a ham-handed way.

Many things can be done before glib talk of disbandment of one of Drum Corps iconic members.  The organization is owed that.  If not, and the cancel-first-ask-questions-later attitude prevails, soon there won't be any Drum Corps left.

COVID-19 notwithstanding.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Have you seen the psychos on there?  I permanently deleted my Facebook and deactivated Twitter last Thursday.  And I’m presenting asking myself why I’m posting here.  I think I should probably follow suit here.  Adios. 

Hi Terri!

You have valid points about social media. I think the pandemic, combined with the isolation, a divided nation, and generally being on edge can make FB, Twitter, etc. toxic. DCP has been unusually tame at least in comparison, but then again there’s not much going on in the drum corps world.

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah I tweeted for a bit and quit so I don’t feed people’s sickness. Makes RAMD seem tame. About the last thing I did was report two threats. One was directed toward me. Glad I don’t use my real uncommon name.... 

PS can you delete a FB account? IIRC I could only deactivate Krista’s account.

I completely deleted my Facebook account in July of 2019. It’s archived for about 30 days, I believe, before it is SUPPOSED to be removed from Facebook permanently.

Whether that happens, I can’t say, but I have only used Facebook once since then, as I needed an account to post to the WGI Facebook page while working on their social media team for their Dayton percussion/winds regional last year, right before COVID shut everything down.

5 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

I see Troopers made their twitter private...

It’s public again.

26 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I completely deleted my Facebook account in July of 2019. It’s archived for about 30 days, I believe, before it is SUPPOSED to be removed from Facebook permanently.

Whether that happens, I can’t say, but I have only used Facebook once since then, as I needed an account to post to the WGI Facebook page while working on their social media team for their Dayton percussion/winds regional last year, right before COVID shut everything down.

Thanks Kevin. Account was deactivated few years ago and like you said (SUPPOSED TO) no idea if deleting would get rid of the info anyway. Made sure only personal info in there was nothing an ID thief couldn’t find in public records anyway.

edit: account supposedly deleted (in 30 days 🙄) after 2 false starts. They don’t make it easy do they.... Either fb didn’t have a delete option under the old layout or they hid it pretty good 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari

19 hours ago, Ghost said:

Thanks for the drive by Terri.  Be safe in your hibernation and hopefully we'll "see" you in the Spring.

I’m finally selling my house and moving in the spring/early summer and I’ll be about 500 miles from the nearest drum corps.  So, I think I’ll be out of the loop. 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you can, post the zoom link.  I promise to think about keeping my microphone muted

only the member corps have that access