Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

8 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I see where someone answered your question with Welborn Sullivan Neck & Tooley of Denver/Casper on the FB.  (Boy, that's a mouthful.  I'm going to call their office just to hear their receptionist.) :spitting:

Most of the follow up comments on FB seem to be skewed to the negative with a few sprinkles of positive support.  Not taking up for "The Troop",  but I just don't see how the MAASIN organization hasn't opened up their organization to legal action with naming certain individuals.  I'm certainly no legal scholar, but I have had a few business law classes & a little common sense.  😐 

NAMED certain individuals... certainly hoped they asked permission first.... 🤯

Hell Troopers should have talked to us. Sounds like your business law classes and my annual protecting personal data classes would  have helped.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

I see where someone answered your question with Welborn Sullivan Neck & Tooley of Denver/Casper on the FB.  (Boy, that's a mouthful.  I'm going to call their office just to hear their receptionist.) :spitting:

Most of the follow up comments on FB seem to be skewed to the negative with a few sprinkles of positive support.  Not taking up for "The Troop",  but I just don't see how the MAASIN organization hasn't opened up their organization to legal action with naming certain individuals.  I'm certainly no legal scholar, but I have had a few business law classes & a little common sense.  😐 

From  MAASIN point of view, I think it is in part  1st Amendment / free speech issue.  Are they open to legal action? - Yes, probably.  But if it goes full-blown court action they are allowed to call witnesses in their defense, which would likely include the former members of Troopers who penned the complaints.  And the Courts would decide the case.  It is (very highly) unlikely it would ever go to litigation, as that costs beaucoup $$ to both sides for lawyers & related requests (pro bono only goes so far).  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

From  MAASIN point of view, I think it is in part  1st Amendment / free speech issue.  Are they open to legal action? - Yes, probably.  But if it goes full-blown court action they are allowed to call witnesses in their defense, which would likely include the former members of Troopers who penned the complaints.  And the Courts would decide the case.  It is (very highly) unlikely it would ever go to litigation, as that costs beaucoup $$ to both sides for lawyers & related requests (pro bono only goes so far).  

You could make a donation to MAASIN as they receive donations to help offset their cost. :whistle:  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I see where someone answered your question on FB that Welborn Sullivan Neck & Tooley of Denver/Casper represents The Troopers.  (Boy, that's a mouthful.  I'm going to call their office just to hear their receptionist.) :spitting:

When a police report is released under an open records request, names of witnesses are generally redacted, omitted or at least abbreviated with initials in the released report.  As soon as I saw hearsay statements and recollections of 3rd party "witnesses" in the MAASIN report with no redaction... it raised some concerns.  If all of those people were contacted and agreed to have their name published by MAASIN, that's great.  Otherwise, actions can have reactions/consequences regardless of how good the intentions are.

• Like 3

And back to the world of "trying to stay relevant*" & "it's a great time to be alive", Hop has weighed in with his opinion on the latest statement from the Troopers BOD on his FB page.  He seems to be in support with his comments.  Seems like he would want to "fly under the radar" with such topics... 😳🙄😬 

*Revenant is also acceptable in this sentence.   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

And back to the world of "trying to stay revenant" & "it's a great time to be alive", Hop has weighed in with his opinion on the latest statement from the Troopers BOD on his FB page.  He seems to be in support with his comments.  Seems like he would want to "fly under the radar" with such topics... 😳🙄😬 

Was your use of the word revenant intentional or an autocorrect of relevant? If intentional, bravo! Revenant - a person who has returned, especially supposedly from the dead.

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Was your use of the word revenant intentional or an autocorrect of relevant? If intentional, bravo! Revenant - a person who has returned, especially supposedly from the dead.

Wow, great catch!  Autocorrect I guess.  I corrected it but "revenant" would also be appropriate.  

Note: When you correct a post it does not correct the post used in a "quote".  That's one nice feature of FB.  (Could be the only nice feature.) 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I see where someone answered your question on FB that Welborn Sullivan Neck & Tooley of Denver/Casper represents The Troopers.  (Boy, that's a mouthful.  I'm going to call their office just to hear their receptionist.) :spitting:

i'm guessing they found a way to be covered. after all many people have made public accusations about a lot of things, and even if false, nothing really happened. 

I do agree it does MAASIN no good to demand details, when legally, the corps can't divulge.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

And back to the world of "trying to stay relevant*" & "it's a great time to be alive", Hop has weighed in with his opinion on the latest statement from the Troopers BOD on his FB page.  He seems to be in support with his comments.  Seems like he would want to "fly under the radar" with such topics... 😳🙄😬 

*Revenant is also acceptable in this sentence.   

flying under the radar has never been a strong point for him