Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

flying under the radar has never been a strong point for him

Poof; he removed his post from 'The Cadets' closed group yesterday but is still on his personal page.  Someone in the group must have complained or, maybe he realized the 'optics' of the subject matter of his post in that group. 😳  Amazing...  #ToneDeaf

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Poof; he removed his post from 'The Cadets' closed group yesterday but is still on his personal page.  Someone in the group must have complained or, maybe he realized the 'optics' of the subject matter of his post in that group. 😳  Amazing...  #ToneDeaf

I deleted Facebook.  Does he still have his cadre of boot-licking sycophants? 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:10 AM, MikeN said:

That's 90% a good press release.  They explain that they know of the allegations, they explain their process for dealing with them; all good.  They probably should have mentioned if the investigations had been completed.  But I've written enough of these in my day to know they should have taken the shade out of it before hitting the "publish" button.

(edited for clarity/brevity)

Mike

I too have written my fair share of press releases and wasn't as offended by the shade as most people here are. I do think they explained their process well and communicated what their process is/was. But they're in a place where they're ###### if they do, and ###### if they don't.

There is no way for me to know whether the allegations are true or not true. But in the court of public opinion and in the legal system the advantage clearly goes to the victim. And while nothing should ever condone the alleged actions, does it not scare anyone else that anyone with a grudge can make allegations against an organization and essentially destroy it, regardless of if the allegations are true? 

Protecting victims should be the number one priority, absolutely. But what do we do when the allegations are false or are made out of a vendetta. (Note: I'm not claiming this is the case here, just thinking out loud)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

I too have written my fair share of press releases and wasn't as offended by the shade as most people here are. I do think they explained their process well and communicated what their process is/was. But they're in a place where they're ###### if they do, and ###### if they don't.

There is no way for me to know whether the allegations are true or not true. But in the court of public opinion and in the legal system the advantage clearly goes to the victim. And while nothing should ever condone the alleged actions, does it not scare anyone else that anyone with a grudge can make allegations against an organization and essentially destroy it, regardless of if the allegations are true? 

Protecting victims should be the number one priority, absolutely. But what do we do when the allegations are false or are made out of a vendetta. (Note: I'm not claiming this is the case here, just thinking out loud)

Agree that’s why DCI and the corps need an unbiased, ACCREDITED, KNOWLEDGEABLE third party to look at the info from both sides, investigate and determine the truth as far possible. I capitalized as no idea if MAASIN fits that criteria. Sure they have good intentions but you know that’s what the road to hell is paved with.

Edit: just looked at some of MAASIN website and wants to provide a “forum” for members. How this translates to dealing with DCI or resolving issues in a corps is beyond me.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

But what do we do when the allegations are false or are made out of a vendetta. (Note: I'm not claiming this is the case here, just thinking out loud)

Charge membership for back ground checks and professional psychological analysis. Just thinking out loud! 

release 2 if released 1st lessens the pushback immensely

• Like 1