Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

13 hours ago, Continental said:

There are many times when I refuse to read the comments.  They are most often from people who have no clue about what other people go through in their lives and who feel the need to comment.  

Throughout my life I've met people who were victims and mostly from their family.   I had a friend in the '80s who had very abrasive opinions on many things.  If you listen closely you see patterns. 

We got closer and I eventually asked her.  "Did something happen in your childhood that made you feel this way?"

The answer...

"yes."

Her father abused her as a child.  We are talking about organizations but for many it's beyond that. 

most newspaper comments sections prove Darwin was right

7 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Tricia Nadolny understands this activity attracts some very questionable pageantry leeches. 

more than most know

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

most newspaper comments sections prove Darwin was right

Some even removed the comments section because of that... PennLive and MSN.com come to mind..:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The ratio was really bad.  If it were just a handful supporting a creeper...but it outnumbered the outraged. 

After seeing the “oh no this could never happen” at Penn State with “St JoePa” unfortunately I can imagine.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Tricia Nadolny understands this activity attracts some very questionable pageantry leeches. 

Nadolny has done more good for this activity than many corps directors have 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The ratio was really bad.  If it were just a handful supporting a creeper...but it outnumbered the outraged. 

As I understand it in US you cannot libel the dead.  Perhaps that is the place to start.  But before names start being named might want to run this by an attorney knowledgeable in this area.  

But rather than reporting rumors heard second hand, people with direct, first-hand knowledge would need to come forward.  And for whatever reason(s) that has not happened.  Yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As I understand it in US you cannot libel the dead.  Perhaps that is the place to start.  But before names start being named might want to run this by an attorney knowledgeable in this area. 

Generally speaking that's correct.  However, survivors, relatives or friends of the deceased may have a cause of action if the defamation reflects on their own reputations and they have, in fact, been defamed by the statements.

At this point what does it matter?  He's dead.  There's enough living creeps involved in the activity that need to be outed and ousted.  The focus should be on them and not looking the other way because they win.

• Like 3