Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s disgusting.  She sexually assaulted you and people were probably laughing It off.  And with the mindset as it is, probably treating it differently because you were a young man.  I’ve read about young men being sexually assaulted by their woman teachers and people saying such vile things as “what is he complaining about?”  Men or women being assaulted is no different and should be treated the same. 

Some of our guard members would comment on parade observers walking up to them and trying to grab their flag or rifle and then causally commenting about how their equipment hit them "by accident."

2 hours ago, Continental said:

Some of our guard members would comment on parade observers walking up to them and trying to grab their flag or rifle and then causally commenting about how their equipment hit them "by accident."

No one ever tried that with me, but had they, they would have had a French horn wrapped around their head. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

No one ever tried that with me, but had they, they would have had a French horn wrapped around their head. 

Oh man... my days with DCA's Sunrisers, the women in our guard would dismantle any offender before any of us guys could jump in. LOL. We had some seriously tough-as-nails NYC-area ladies. I was afraid of more people in our guard than I was with the rest of the corps combined. :tongue:

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Our band had a very protective parents committee that accompanied the band on parade and clearly showed how protective they were with the members.   I could tell so many stories.

Orange Bowl parade in Miami, prostitutes in our hotel in northern Quebec.  Nothing serious while on the road.  We knew they cared and protected us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Continental said:

Our band had a very protective parents committee that accompanied the band on parade and clearly showed how protective they were with the members.   I could tell so many stories.

Orange Bowl parade in Miami, prostitutes in our hotel in northern Quebec.  Nothing serious while on the road.  We knew they cared and protected us.

I remember the parade in NYC the night before American Legion championships in 1976, they were throwing stuff at us so the police were lined up along side us.  Weird.  That whole weekend could spur an hour of conversation. None of it good. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I remember the parade in NYC the night before American Legion championships in 1976, they were throwing stuff at us so the police were lined up along side us.  Weird.  That whole weekend could spur an hour of conversation. None of it good. 

Band never did anything out of the area... our usual problem was doing 3 local Halloween parades.... 2 of which were in our rival schools area (2 HS in same district). We’d have some very large friends walk down the sidewalks on both sides to keep a lookout. And Seniors on ends on the ranks watching as we went by. But before we bought covers for the sousaphones it was the usual basketball with a  sousaphone as basket and egg as the ball. Except the one year when I heard “someone’s gonna have problems getting home... some idiot threw his keys down the bell...” 😳

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Band never did anything out of the area... our usual problem was doing 3 local Halloween parades.... 2 of which were in our rival schools area (2 HS in same district). We’d have some very large friends walk down the sidewalks on both sides to keep a lookout. And Seniors on ends on the ranks watching as we went by. But before we bought covers for the sousaphones it was the usual basketball with a  sousaphone as basket and egg as the ball. Except the one year when I heard “someone’s gonna have problems getting home... some idiot threw his keys down the bell...” 😳

The Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans & Mobile love the sousaphone.  The sousas' had a treasure trove of beads & miniature Snickers.  :spitting::guinesssmilie:

• Haha 2