Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

On 2/9/2021 at 4:36 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I remember the parade in NYC the night before American Legion championships in 1976, they were throwing stuff at us so the police were lined up along side us.  Weird.  That whole weekend could spur an hour of conversation. None of it good. 

The band I taught was the 1/2-time targets at the Giants/Chargers infamous snowball game back in the 90's at Giant's Stadium. Actually, iceballs is a more accurate description of what was being thrown on the field.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Continental said:

Old?  You mean it's closed?  Now that is very sad. 

I once worked with Lindt.  Suffice to say, the employee store was heaven.  Absolute heaven.  Delicious heaven. 

I worked for Mars inc for 7 years in the 80's. Going to the plants at the M&M Mars division was always delicious, smelled heavenly, and fattening. 

Going to the Kal Kan petfood plants was, well, not quite as delicious (unless you were a cat or dog), smelled like the other direction from heaven, and not fattening at all to humans.      😀

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Continental said:

Oh I'm not.  I have a weakness for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

It's my Halloween go to food. 

If I played the Sousaphone in a Mardi Gras parade people might say "Your tone sounds muddy!"

I would reply "My tone sounds chocolatey." 

“You got chocolate in my tone!”

“You got tone in my chocolate!!!”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

I worked for Mars inc for 7 years in the 80's. Going to the plants at the M&M Mars division was always delicious, smelled heavenly, and fattening. 

Going to the Kal Kan petfood plants was, well, not quite as delicious (unless you were a cat or dog), smelled like the other direction from heaven, and not fattening at all to humans.      😀

Way off topic 😈 but dad worked at a local chocolate factory when he got out of the army. You could eat all the broken pieces you wanted. He said after 3 days you didn’t even want to look at it.... 

Worked near Purina plant and one day silo with dry kibble caught fire. Stunk for a week in about a mile radius

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just drove by the old(?) Reese factory the other week.... Just west of duntun (downtown) Hershey...

most of the plants are now out between Hersheypark Drive and the town towards the Hummelstown end of things. I believe Reese's is still made locally but other products were moved elsewhere or overseas

13 hours ago, Continental said:

Oh I'm not.  I have a weakness for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

It's my Halloween go to food. 

If I played the Sousaphone in a Mardi Gras parade people might say "Your tone sounds muddy!"

I would reply "My tone sounds chocolatey." 

we deliver a bag of them to my father in law at his assisted living facility. granted we cant see him but we know he is getting them

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

I see - I completely get what your saying.  At the same time, yikes.  (and I know you weren't saying that it's all figured out by any stretch).  

I just want the predators out of the activity.

i am fan of stiff prison sentences for certain types of crimes. this is one of them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

i am...oh...3 miles from a Purina plant. but if the wind blows just right.....the entire zip code of 17055 and a chunk of 17050 know the plant is going

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Way off topic 😈 but dad worked at a local chocolate factory when he got out of the army. You could eat all the broken pieces you wanted. He said after 3 days you didn’t even want to look at it.... 

Worked near Purina plant and one day silo with dry kibble caught fire. Stunk for a week in about a mile radius

Funny how I never tired of the the giant bowl of truffles on the conference room table...I felt like Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors...."Feed Me!" 

• Haha 3