Bluecoats Adopts Anti-Racism Policy

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yes and I agree with it up to a point. Problem is if it is allowed to be totally open and no one speaking against it or these idiots face no consequences that only makes them more likely to take the next step. 

Hopefully, my clarification demonstrates that I was not advocating anything like that.

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Hopefully, my clarification demonstrates that I was not advocating anything like that.

Sorry if it sounded if it was directed at you, it was not. Just a general gripe against speech that calls for denying others their rights (including right to safety). After three years with the dingus I worked with it is a sore subject. This guy had other issues that were getting worse. If he hadn’t passed from early dementia I expected to see him in the news... and not in a good way.

14 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

This is getting off-topic (mods, do what you need to, and my apologies).  But to answer your question... 

Murder is already illegal.  Same with a host of other related crimes (attempted murder, manslaughter, etc.).  Many of those crimes are proven (or stopped in advance) because they were spoken about by the criminals, and that speech was witnessed in person or online.  I would prefer that Congress make no law regarding speech crimes that deprives the FBI/police/etc. of the evidence they need to thwart greater crimes.

We’ll agree to disagree then. In private is one thing but someone calling for violence in public is another. All imo...

10 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

That is already illegal.

True saying flat out is illegal but still hear “that’s my right” argument. Problem is when there are rabble rousers who know how to crank up an audience without crossing that line. Had some good ones at Gettysburg last 7/4. Not calling for banning but bringing up the point one can cause violence without saying it out loud.

Along with first amendment rights apply to social media sites. Even if I go against the policy I agreed to when I joined. (Right MikeD😈).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

40 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

This is getting off-topic (mods, do what you need to, and my apologies).  But to answer your question... 

Murder is already illegal.  Same with a host of other related crimes (attempted murder, manslaughter, etc.).  Many of those crimes are proven (or stopped in advance) because they were spoken about by the criminals, and that speech was witnessed in person or online.  I would prefer that Congress make no law regarding speech crimes that deprives the FBI/police/etc. of the evidence they need to thwart greater crimes.

I will say some of the best info gathered by the FBI, DHS, CIA, etc, is retrieved from social media & the dark web.  When my wife & I saw that t-shirt, we were just in shock.  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I will say some of the best info gathered by the FBI, DHS, CIA, etc, is retrieved from social media & the dark web.  When my wife & I saw that t-shirt, we were just in shock.  

Wish I could say I was surprised. Last 7/4 someone put out a false claim there was to be a mass flag burning in Gettysburg. Lot of people with big guns and tattoos showed up in opposition. Bunch of the tattoos were swastikas (including one on the side of a head). I don’t get it unless just there to make trouble.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sorry if it sounded if it was directed at you, it was not. Just a general gripe against speech that calls for denying others their rights (including right to safety). After three years with the dingus I worked with it is a sore subject. This guy had other issues that were getting worse. If he hadn’t passed from early dementia I expected to see him in the news... and not in a good way.

A good point.  Except in unusual situations, individual liberty puts the trust in the individual that they won't do something stupid.  Each & every one of us is one swing away from being an axe-murderer.  But that doesn't mean they should preemptively lock us up (or outlaw axes).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

True saying flat out is illegal but still hear “that’s my right” argument.

That is not my intent.  As far as I understand, "illegal" means that is not your right.

Problem is when there are rabble rousers who know how to crank up an audience without crossing that line. Had some good ones at Gettysburg last 7/4. Not calling for banning but bringing up the point one can cause violence without saying it out loud.

Well, we were discussing speech.  I have no experience with telepathy.  :smile:

• Haha 1