Bluecoats Adopts Anti-Racism Policy

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wish I could say I was surprised. Last 7/4 someone put out a false claim there was to be a mass flag burning in Gettysburg. Lot of people with big guns and tattoos showed up in opposition. Bunch of the tattoos were swastikas (including one on the side of a head). I don’t get it unless just there to make trouble.

IMHO the only place for any facial tattoos is called 'life without the possibility of parole'.

But that's just me.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

Who do you entrust to define what hate speech is?

Not our government, most of the media and social media giants.  We've already seen what Dorsey has allowed or not allowed to be discussed and how he states there might be more accounts shut down.  Let the ANTIFA, BLM, 6MWE, the anti Americans in Congress and all humans speak their beliefs.  Call me an idiot or AH if you want because I'll always say the founding father's were idiots and AH for not including term limitations in all the great work they did.  I guess I'm still a "stick and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me" type of person.   

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

That is not my intent.  As far as I understand, "illegal" means that is not your right.

Well, we were discussing speech.  I have no experience with telepathy.  :smile:

Didn’t say it was your intent, again just a general observation. As for rabble rousers guess my interest in history is showing. Been a lot of examples over the years.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wish I could say I was surprised. Last 7/4 someone put out a false claim there was to be a mass flag burning in Gettysburg. Lot of people with big guns and tattoos showed up in opposition. Bunch of the tattoos were swastikas (including one on the side of a head). I don’t get it unless just there to make trouble.

Just wanted to point out 7/1-7/3 is anniversary of the battle and since the re-enactment was cancelled due to Covid (sorry ironlips) there wasn’t a crowd. Irony is the people I’ve seen most upset with use of the CSA flag as a racial symbol is the re-enactors. One quote from a Georgian was “I’d like to rip it out of their hands and take it back”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

That is already illegal.

Interesting subject.  

Incitement

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees free speech, and the degree to which incitement is protected speech is determined by the imminent lawless action test introduced by the 1969 Supreme Court decision in the case Brandenburg v. Ohio. The court ruled that incitement of events in the indefinite future was protected, but encouragement of "imminent" illegal acts was not protected. This "view reflects longstanding law and is shared by the Federalist Society, the American Civil Liberties Union, the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, and the vast majority of Americans, including most staunch free-speech advocates."[23]

Incitement to riot is illegal under U.S. federal law.[24]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Not our government, most of the media and social media giants.  We've already seen what Dorsey has allowed or not allowed to be discussed and how he states there might be more accounts shut down.  Let the ANTIFA, BLM, 6MWE, the anti Americans in Congress and all humans speak their beliefs.  Call me an idiot or AH if you want because I'll always say the founding father's were idiots and AH for not including term limitations in all the great work they did.  I guess I'm still a "stick and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me" type of person.   

IMO - the founding fathers of the greatest democracy on the planet were not idiots. 

Society evolves.  They based their foundation on what was current at the time.  

12 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

This is good but it should be more like unless you are going to march in this upcoming and future seasons you should probably shut it. Or is that not the type of silencing you have in mind. More selective type silencing? 

Telling someone who says to shut it by telling them to shut it. 

We have now divided by zero. 

• Thanks 1