Cadets To Begin Organization-Wide Equality & Inclusion Training

Since last summer, The Cadets Equality and Inclusion Committee has met regularly with the purpose of creating a strong organizational foundation in some of the most important and sensitive areas in our society today. Their dialogue focuses on mindfulness, insight and progress, and as we begin a new year, that dialogue transitions into an ongoing, […]

View the full article

So, how does an audition process based on meritocracy square itself with SJW notions of "equity", "inclusion", etc. Quota systems? Scoresheets that allocate points according to skin pigmentation, sexual proclivities, etc.? I'm sick of ridiculous social and political lecturing being constantly thrown into every facet of US culture.

Edited by denverjohn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

So, how does an audition process based on meritocracy square itself with SJW notions of "equity", "inclusion", etc. Quota systems? Scoresheets that allocate points according to skin pigmentation, sexual proclivities, etc.? I'm sick of ridiculous social and political lecturing being constantly thrown into every facet of US culture.

Sorry but the statement is a great example of speaking to a target audience that probably doesn’t speak the same lingo you do. Would be like me explaining my IT work to my non techie family members and using all technical terms.

Wish a group would just say “we’re not going to ####### discriminate no matter who or what you are. And anyone who gives you grief about who or what you are is GONE” So many buzz words in these statements you end up asking “what the hell did they just say”. Reminds me of a Professor Irwin Corey double talk routine. 🤔

Edited by JimF-LowBari

27 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

Horns & drums playing unison parts (I realize there are warmups that do this, but this will be for the whole show)?  No one gets cut - bring back Cadets2 (& start a Cadets3, Cadets4, etc) to have enough slots for all the bodies?

(I am joking w/r/t the above).

But seriously, what it means is everyone gets a fair shot at during audition - gender, race, orientation, etc don't matter.  This is what is meant by 'pursuit of happiness'.  

1 hour ago, denverjohn said:

This is why I'm an educator.  

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, Lance said:

This is why I'm an educator.  

So was I. However, I taught during the time that we preferred to be called teachers and students were not moved up based on social promotion,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1