Sketchbook Podcast, Ep. 59: William Pitts (William Pitts Music, Inc.)

Greetings, all!

For over a year now I have hosted Sketchbook Podcast which focuses on creativity, preparation, & effort with artists, creators, & educators. This past weekend I interviewed composer, conductor, & arranger, Will Pitts. Will was the program coordinator and brass arranger for the Phantom Regiment from 2016-2019 and was the brass arranger for the Spirit of Atlanta in 2015.  While we do dive into biographical stuff, and what he is doing now, we do discuss the 2019 production, "I Am Joan."

Will was very forthcoming about the experiences of the summer, putting the show together, and his time as a designer with the corps. He was extremely honest about his successes and his faults. We do address the controversies about the show design, criticisms about the show, and the growth of the show through the summer. Whether you are a fan of Will or not, I think you will enjoy this episode.

Sketchbook Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, & wherever fine podcasts are downloaded.

Sketchbook Podcast, Ep. 59: William Pitts (Will Pitts Music, Inc.)

On 1/26/2021 at 6:02 PM, danielmontoyajr said:

Greetings, all!

For over a year now I have hosted Sketchbook Podcast which focuses on creativity, preparation, & effort with artists, creators, & educators. This past weekend I interviewed composer, conductor, & arranger, Will Pitts. Will was the program coordinator and brass arranger for the Phantom Regiment from 2016-2019 and was the brass arranger for the Spirit of Atlanta in 2015.  While we do dive into biographical stuff, and what he is doing now, we do discuss the 2019 production, "I Am Joan."

Will was very forthcoming about the experiences of the summer, putting the show together, and his time as a designer with the corps. He was extremely honest about his successes and his faults. We do address the controversies about the show design, criticisms about the show, and the growth of the show through the summer. Whether you are a fan of Will or not, I think you will enjoy this episode.

Sketchbook Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, & wherever fine podcasts are downloaded.

Sketchbook Podcast, Ep. 59: William Pitts (Will Pitts Music, Inc.)

Looking forward to listening!

Looking forward even more to when you finally break down Crockett '93. :bluedevil:

On 1/26/2021 at 9:40 PM, Continental said:

Thanks - that was really interesting.

I loved his candor about what happened in the 2019 season as well as learning about all the stuff he's worked on/is working on.

He's a really interesting person.

very open and honest. very good listen.