YEA Folds

surprised? but hey lots of people won't get paid like usual

• Like 1

Wow!  I didn't see that coming... :spitting:And a perfect time to blame it on COVID.

Time to peruse social media for 'you know who', his opinion, & comments from his fan club membership.  😳🙄  

Here's a working link:

https://www.mcall.com/entertainment/mc-ent-yea-folds-in-allentown-20210128-tedhnsiekrdzzccb5ccyglil5i-story.html

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

Ugh and my first thought is you know who’s “all about me, know it all” postings about it..... and none was his fault

Second thought was Crossmen being treated as bastich step kids and no longer part of YEA. Worked out better for them

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The article says YEA! was founded in 1988 and Cadets became part of it in 1990.  

Youth Education in the Arts was founded in 1988 as a nonprofit that sought to instill life lessons in young people through music and dance. Performing in band competitions since 1934, the Allentown Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps became one of the programs under the YEA in 1990, competing every summer at J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown.

I always thought the Cadets were part of the original founders.  Even the YEA! Wikipedia page says it was formed in 1990.

YEA! Wikipedia

Can anyone clear up the timeline here?

36 minutes ago, Continental said:

The article says YEA! was founded in 1988 and Cadets became part of it in 1990.  

Youth Education in the Arts was founded in 1988 as a nonprofit that sought to instill life lessons in young people through music and dance. Performing in band competitions since 1934, the Allentown Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps became one of the programs under the YEA in 1990, competing every summer at J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown.

I always thought the Cadets were part of the original founders.  Even the YEA! Wikipedia page says it was formed in 1990.

YEA! Wikipedia

Can anyone clear up the timeline here?

IIRC, the band circuit was founded in 1988 as CMBC (Cadets Marching Band Cooperative).  1990 is probably when the non-profit was redefined as a multi-program entity called YEA!.

• Like 1

Just a reminder for those without decades of DCI experience - Cadets divested from YEA a couple of years ago and have their own non-profit org now, and USBands was taken over by BDPA (Blue Devils).  In practical drum corps terms, YEA going out of business doesn't change a lot.

Mike