RIP, Ronny Hirata

On 2/16/2021 at 8:55 PM, Janet Hirata Almqvist said:

This is Ronny's sister.  That video was taken in 2019 during the DCI championships. Ronny slipped and fell on his back n the bathroom of the hotel he was staying at in Indiana and was even in the hospital, but even in all his pain, he wanted to be there no matter what to see 'his kids'.  He is the red dot (probably wearing USC shirt) and shouting "BLUE DEVILS!"  They all knew he had fallen and were happy to see him.  They were either pointing or giving the #1 sign because they had just won, again.

Fight On, Janet!  Thank you for posting and may God comfort you and your family.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I am so heart-broken to learn of Ronny's passing. What a kind and loving man he was. He loved drum corps and the kids so much.  He was also so encouraging to me even though we never met in person.  He talked fondly of his mother and father and was proud of the way they raised him.  We will meet again Ronny.  I will miss you very much.

On 2/16/2021 at 10:55 PM, Janet Hirata Almqvist said:

This is Ronny's sister.  That video was taken in 2019 during the DCI championships. Ronny slipped and fell on his back n the bathroom of the hotel he was staying at in Indiana and was even in the hospital, but even in all his pain, he wanted to be there no matter what to see 'his kids'.  He is the red dot (probably wearing USC shirt) and shouting "BLUE DEVILS!"  They all knew he had fallen and were happy to see him.  They were either pointing or giving the #1 sign because they had just won, again.

Janet, your brother was such a dedicated and giving person I am sure you are very much like him and so sad as well.  Please know how much he loved his family and what a blessing he was to not only me but so many others.