Phantom Regiment Moves Forward With Plans For 2021 Summer Season

1 minute ago, soccerguy315 said:

Assume they can use all the same arrangements and save money...?

I seriously hope not. Especially not with JD Shaw coming back. I'd imagine he's ready to sink his teeth into something a little different than last time. 

And so it begins.  I have created a public list on YouTube that will include all source music.  This is a public list under the name "Drum Corps 2021" for all to use.  I will do the same on Rhapsody/Napster.

• Like 1

A few thoughts:

- I don't blame them a bit for this. 2021 isn't going to be a "real" season, so no sense in wasting a good show idea this year.

- That said, I hope they do something different with the arrangements - freshen them up for this many years later. No doubt the percussion arrangements will be different. And I'm guessing JD doesn't have the horses in 2021 that he had in 2003, so he'll probably have to edit those a bit as well. 

- I've always wanted to see this show with better drill design, so I'm intrigued.

- Rehash shows usually have a different title, so at least use 2 Harmonic 2 Journey.

- It looks like it'll be pricey, but the cost for instruction is still a bargain. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

- I've always wanted to see this show with better drill design, so I'm intrigued.

I'm excited because it will be a better visual design as well. Color guard has evolved a lot since then. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, inbetween said:

I'm excited because it will be a better visual design as well. Color guard has evolved a lot since then. 

Totally agree with you.  I think Jude was the one that handled the guard design or was caption head in 2003.  Talented designer but I think having a fresh visual take would be refreshing to see.  Loved listening to the show, but visual was just so-so.  They came out west that year so I have fond memories going to see their practices and shows in CA, CO and NM.    

• Like 2

7 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

Assume they can use all the same arrangements and save money...?

Let’s hope so, no electronic instruments and sound systems.  Definitely a year for complexity reduction to save resources.  However, the 2003 horn book will require some very strong lungs and robust embouchures to get that sound today.

Edited by Land_Surfer

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Website says cost to members will be between $2500-$3000.  

That’s absurd. I don’t care what it costs to design the show. For a gap season, to charge that much is a joke.

4 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

Let’s hope so, no electronic instruments and sound systems.  Definitely a year for complexity reduction to save resources.  However, the 2003 horn book will require some very strong lungs and robust embouchures to get that sound today.

Let’s hope they bring the same passion.

Edited by Sutasaurus