Phantom Regiment Moves Forward With Plans For 2021 Summer Season

These kids have basically been having one on one instruction with some of the best music teachers in the world for literally almost a year now. Do you really think chops are going to be a problem? My expectations are extremely high for music this season(?whatever we are calling it). Its literally the only reason I'm planning to make the trip to Indy. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tesmusic said:

That’s absurd. I don’t care what it costs to design the show. For a gap season, to charge that much is a joke.

Having been on a BoD, I have to agree that a) it's a ton of money and b) those fees aren't set without a metric ton of evaluation, input and cost-cutting.  Corps just aren't realizing much (if any) profit off of member dues, no matter if it's Blue Devils or Blue Saints.  

Mike

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Having been on a BoD, I have to agree that a) it's a ton of money and b) those fees aren't set without a metric ton of evaluation, input and cost-cutting.  Corps just aren't realizing much (if any) profit off of member dues, no matter if it's Blue Devils or Blue Saints.  

Mike

Not jumping in either way. Thinking of age outs seeing it as lotta $$$ or never doing DCI. Non age outs might opt out because of cost and concerns over safety.

Meanwhile PA just went over 1 million first doses. State population 12.7 million. Getting there... eventually...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

My comment about the show got into the video!!!!!!!  I'm the Michael M. Who said I. LOVE. THIS.  SHOW.

Nevermind that I'm so completely stoked for this show.  I WILL find a way to see it live, and bring my kids too.

• Like 1

Plenty of terrific shows with stories, props, and fantastic music.  Probably best not to imply they're mutually exclusive to somehow cram them into whatever box you want drum corps to fit into. 

That said, I've always been more into music than visual, and I do hope this show sounds amazing.  I do like edgier Phantom, too.  Like 10,000 Airplanes on the Roof was something nobody else in World Class had ever done before, and I loved that arrangement.  But they also manage to re-use past music in fresh, inventive ways.  So much I love about this corps, and I'm looking forward to this. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2021 at 12:42 PM, Old Corps Guy said:

And so it begins.  I have created a public list on YouTube that will include all source music.  This is a public list under the name "Drum Corps 2021" for all to use.  I will do the same on Rhapsody/Napster.

Could you potentially either post a link here or send it to me in a PM?

Thanks in advance!