Phantom Regiment Moves Forward With Plans For 2021 Summer Season

On 3/4/2021 at 8:59 AM, Continental said:

Wasn't expecting that....wow!

Same here! Looking forward to a new "Journey" for a new era. This was my reaction to the announcement, just look at all those Phans🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not jumping in either way. Thinking of age outs seeing it as lotta $$$ or never doing DCI. Non age outs might opt out because of cost and concerns over safety.

Meanwhile PA just went over 1 million first doses. State population 12.7 million. Getting there... eventually...

Just remembered we have two years of age outs in 2021. This year and last years because DCI made a special allowance because 2020 was cancelled.

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just remembered we have two years of age outs in 2021. This year and last years because DCI made a special allowance because 2020 was cancelled.

FWIW, Blue Stars web page says that DCI most likely will not extend age waivers (my term) to 2022 season.  

• Thanks 1

The proudest corps in DCI (IMO) looks to be getting set for that comeback in the video. By the looks of the member reactions and fans gathered, it's easy to see how missed the activity is and how anxious people are to get back to it. 

I don't consider 2021 in whatever form it ends up being not a real season or one deserving an asterisk. By the looks on those kid' faces, I don't think they look at it that way either. 

$3000 to sign on? Show the way to the Fountain of Youth. I'd pay it. 

2 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

No. Just no. 

Actually, hell no. 

They need to create a show and to reduce the amount of time it takes to create that show.  Every single dollar spent right now is more accountable than before.   This is about survival facing incredible odds. 

They now have a brass arranger who wrote the show in question.   His track record speaks for itself.  He knows exactly what was put into those arrangements and can tweak them for 2021.   I would be content even if they were the same. 

The brass arranger is now with a very accomplished group of caption heads/instructors.   

2020 was supposed to be Phantom's rebirth year.  Let 2021 be the year they continue that trajectory. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

FWIW, Blue Stars web page says that DCI most likely will not extend age waivers (my term) to 2022 season.  

I was thinking that but had no idea.. thanks..,

1 hour ago, Continental said:

They need to create a show and to reduce the amount of time it takes to create that show.  Every single dollar spent right now is more accountable than before.   This is about survival facing incredible odds. 

They now have a brass arranger who wrote the show in question.   His track record speaks for itself.  He knows exactly what was put into those arrangements and can tweak them for 2021.   I would be content even if they were the same. 

The brass arranger is now with a very accomplished group of caption heads/instructors.   

2020 was supposed to be Phantom's rebirth year.  Let 2021 be the year they continue that trajectory. 

This 100%.  It makes perfect sense for Phantom to go this route, especially with money being tight. 

It's a very smart move, and, Phantom will absolutely be able to pull it off.

I can't wait to see this show.  Can't. Wait. 

• Like 2

Here is what every corps has to do:  Minimize the length of "spring training".  All cost, no income.

• Like 2