Educators and Covid vaccinations - yes DC related

Roll out in small communities like where I live (N.A. Reservation) have been excellent.  Us and surrounding communities are now having mass vaccination roll-out days for ages 16 and up as we get shipments of vaccine.  We have pretty much vaccinated everyone under 1a-1c who have wanted a vaccination.  Just about 90% of everyone who works in our local schools, no matter their role, have received both their prime and boost shot.  I received mine way back in December and my boost in January.  We do have individuals like everywhere else who are opting to not receive a vaccination shot.  

I sit on our tribal leadership team that meets weekly to discuss issues related to the pandemic.  As communities receive and quickly distribute their vaccinations, the more shipments they receive.  Thus. we have been receiving almost 4x the amount of vaccinations than what we got in the beginning.   I recently listened to a NPR story on the radio that smaller communities are doing well with vaccine distribution as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

My state is ranked 47th in vaccine dispersement.  My 68 year old husband hasn’t even heard from the VA or the medical group he’s in as to when he’ll get offered a vaccine.  I’m sure I’m way down the list.  Abysmal.  Illinois is a big joke and everyone is laughing. 

After I said that, this morning he got an email from Hines VA saying that he could make an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine.  

• Like 3

CDC released the official statement that vaccine not necessary for teachers to return. Also say that school should be back in person. https://apnews.com/article/cdc-in-person-schooling-4265da944bb3b6c863db6ca6a03caa58

The state that so many thought were a beacon of light were the very ones doing terrible things and hiding it. Shame on them. 

Covid 19 virus infections continue to fall, hospitalizations following the same trend. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

CDC released the official statement that vaccine not necessary for teachers to return. Also say that school should be back in person. https://apnews.com/article/cdc-in-person-schooling-4265da944bb3b6c863db6ca6a03caa58

The state that so many thought were a beacon of light were the very ones doing terrible things and hiding it. Shame on them. 

Covid 19 virus infections continue to fall, hospitalizations following the same trend. 

Disagree with CDC on this and worry that teachers in my state have been pushed after some other groups. Think everyone agrees that in school would be better for everyone but still need the word “safely”. When at least one district in my area has opened and then had to go back to remote twice this school year due to outbreaks..... and this district is so small two buildings house all the students

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

O'Neal's do you happen to know anyone who died from this?  

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Instead of a summary by the AP, looking at the actual CDC guidelines might be helpful. It’s pretty clear that the CDC is saying vaccines are not necessary in school districts already following their guidelines. It seems to be saying don’t let a lack of a vaccine keep schools that should otherwise be open remain closed. Also the current director of the CDC was a supporter of teachers being among the first to be vaccinated prior to her leaving Massachusetts General Hospital. The preference is that teachers should be vaccinated. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Instead of a summary by the AP, looking at the actual CDC guidelines might be helpful. It’s pretty clear that the CDC is saying vaccines are not necessary in school districts already following their guidelines. It seems to be saying don’t let a lack of a vaccine keep schools that should otherwise be open remain closed. Also the current director of the CDC was a supporter of teachers being among the first to be vaccinated prior to her leaving Massachusetts General Hospital. The preference is that teachers should be vaccinated. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1