Educators and Covid vaccinations - yes DC related

8 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Only speculating, but it's difficult to envision in- person corps this summer, without all participants having been vaccinated.  The odds of that are growing shorter weekly. 

I’m in the last “who haven’t we gotten yet” group also. I’m picturing myself taking precautions and not taking any trips until end of 2021. Irony is seeing 65 and older having priority and I’ll be close to that by time I do get vaccinated 

20 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Only speculating, but it's difficult to envision in- person corps this summer, without all participants having been vaccinated.  The odds of that are growing shorter weekly. 

the PARTICIPANTS will 100% not be vaccinated. There are no vaccines approved for youth yet. 

edit: obviously, none of the kids who are in "in person" school or will be in "in person" school soon have been vaccinated either.

Edited by soccerguy315

1 hour ago, soccerguy315 said:

the PARTICIPANTS will 100% not be vaccinated. There are no vaccines approved for youth yet. 

edit: obviously, none of the kids who are in "in person" school or will be in "in person" school soon have been vaccinated either.

The Pfizer vaccine has been approved for 16 and up and the Moderna for 18 and up.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

That is great but I was referring to the previous administration, (not a political post), that initially only ordered 100 million doses & then added another 100 million during the 2nd week of December.  I'm hoping the J&J vaccine gets approved so I can receive it as one dose & not have to worry if they kept if cold enough.  There have been & will be human error involved with some of these extreme cold storage requirements.       

What I read showed Warp Speed initially ordered 100,000,000 doses from Pfizer and another 100,000,000 from Moderna early on, and then in December added another 100,000,000 from Moderna. Pfizer declined another 100,000,000 at that time due to what they promised other countries. J&J had a 100,000,000 does commitment early on as well, plus options for more. Of course, being  single dose, the J&J dose count covers double the people as the other two.

• Like 1

My county has opened up vaccination appts to anyone who lives and works in Camden County NJ., particularly the "mega sites" about half the people I know have gotten 1st or have appt set for dose 1. Both my marching members will be fully vaccinated by April

4 minutes ago, darlacorp said:

My county has opened up vaccination appts to anyone who lives and works in Camden County NJ., particularly the "mega sites" about half the people I know have gotten 1st or have appt set for dose 1. Both my marching members will be fully vaccinated by April

I am not sure that is true. If you are under 65, you need to have some pre-existing medical issues. The State controls who is eligible to receive the vaccine, not each county. 

People 16-64 can sign up and register, but that does not mean they are eligible right now to receive it, barring other issues.

https://www.camdencounty.com/vaccineregistration/

22 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I was not clear and that led to a misunderstanding... I know things are different depending on the state one is in. I was asking for status on any individual state that one might know about. Just trying to get a handle as PA is 🤮

imagine a nationwide coordinated effort......sigh

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

actually under 18 is considered kids. thats not a majority of DCI members

8 hours ago, year1buick said:

The Pfizer vaccine has been approved for 16 and up and the Moderna for 18 and up.

How many corps have no kids under 16 or 18? (I expect the top corps, 2 of which are not playing this year, perhaps have the fewest)

Perhaps those kids will not be allowed this year?