From a Facebook Posting:

Though he would be the first to say that his music said more than words ever could, he nevertheless had this message for all those he knew and loved, and for all those who loved him:
“I want to thank all of those along my journey who have helped keep the music fires burning bright. It is my hope that those who have an inkling to play, write, perform or otherwise, do so. If not for yourself then for the rest of us. It’s not only that the world needs more artists, it’s also just a lot of fun.
“And to my amazing musician friends who have been like family to me as long as I’ve known you: It has been a blessing and an honor learning from and playing with all of you. My mission has always been to bring the joy of creating anywhere I could, and to have done so with all the artists that I admire so dearly—this has been the richness of my life.”

2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Awful news. Time to fire up 94 BD in his honor. 

RIP Chick. 

There’s a few shows I need to listen to which featured Chick Corea’s music.

I have a soft spot for 2004 East Coast Jazz, which featured an amazing soprano soloist during My Spanish Heart, as well as one heck of a thunderclap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnyrbxgh_MI

Everyone here knows brilliant doesn't begin to describe him.  One of my all time favorite Hollywood Bowl concerts was seeing him in a duet with Bella Fleck (jazz banjo).  They were bouncing off of each other like they played together their entire lives.  And for years while I had an answering machine, my outgoing message was one of the cuts from the 1972 album he recorded with Gary Burton called Crystal Silence.

What a huge loss!

Rest in Peace