50 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Keeps posting 70% when the actual amount is 77% 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Good news is no good. got it.  🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Variants what about the variants. New talking points 📢⚠️

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Keeps posting 70% when the actual amount is 77% 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you pointing out my misquote in a mature non-trolling way that adds to the discussion.

Have too much of a life to be bothered by this....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Our Governor here in N.J. is now warning about potential surges in new cases due to Covid  "variants".

And there are others who say another spike might take place next month.  Be serious will you!  

All I will say is that most healthy, young-ish people (i.e. the average DCI participant) aren’t expecting to get the vaccine before the summer. If that holds true, then the pandemic definitely isn’t ending in April like the article says.

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Mike, brought up my dissenting thoughts in another thread but will repeat here. Full article has 150 million people (40% of population) fully vaccinated by end of April. Also 10-25% cases reported means 4 to 10 times the number of cases than reported. Both seem optimistic to me but I’m no expert.

Finally the 70% drop totally ignores that this is comparing to the horrible spike we had due to holiday travel. So was 70% drop due things being so much better now or due to how horrible things were 6 weeks ago. Key point to me yet not mentioned at all.

I do hope what is reported comes true but still in wait and see mode. 

And expecting the laughing icon for whatever reason 🙄

Cases are down to less than half what they were well before Thanksgiving, so I don’t think you can attribute most of it to holiday travel.  

Also, if you look the curve (Google’s continual map based on NYT data) in October to before Thanksgiving, the slope was increasing like crazy.  It actually seems to generally start tapering off soon after that point,  so I’m not sure how much stock can be put into the holiday travel theory.  

All that said, the article is just one perspective, even if the author is from John’s Hopkins.  And although it would great if true, I’m not sure that gets us DCI in 2021, since corps may well (and probably should) require proof of vaccination from all members, or at least that or a test result showing that the member has already had it.  At this point, that seems unlikely to be obtainable for a significant percentage of interested parties.

Also, I gave you a laughing icon, but only out of respect for your request. 😷🙂😷

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

All I will say is that most healthy, young-ish people (i.e. the average DCI participant) aren’t expecting to get the vaccine before the summer. If that holds true, then the pandemic definitely isn’t ending in April like the article says.

people in the first group still having issues getting the vaccine, and of course you have the anti vax crowd. seems way too optimistic.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Optimism is discouraged.  We'll have none of that.  If this strain doesn't get us there will be another from South Africa, South America, South Dakota, or Poughkeepsie.

Masks forever. 

You know, you’re right.  One shred of positive news from a medical professional from Johns Hopkins, and the doomers 💩 all over it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

people in the first group still having issues getting the vaccine, and of course you have the anti vax crowd. seems way too optimistic.

I’m not anti-vaxxer.  I got the flu shot last fall and I got Shingrix a few years ago, which plenty of people are afraid to get because of the side effects.  Raise your hand if you’ve gotten Shingrix.  

I’m a little iffy about this one.  I’d feel better taking the JNJ than either the Pfizer or Moderna. 

• Haha 1