WSJ: America to reach herd immunity in April

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You know, you’re right.  One shred of positive news from a medical professional from Johns Hopkins, and the doomers 💩 all over it.  

Not sure if directed at me but was just bringing up my thoughts. Hoped the line “hope it’s right” and “wait and see” would be a clue. 
Have just seen too many over optimistic predictions to put a lot of faith in them until I see results. And the irony is if I had to choose one source to trust it would be JHU. Kris and I spent enough time there for various reasons

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not sure if directed at me but was just bringing up my thoughts. Hoped the line “hope it’s right” and “wait and see” would be a clue. 
Have just seen too many over optimistic predictions to put a lot of faith in them until I see results.

The entire past year has been full of optimistic projections only to be quashed later on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Continental said:

The entire past year has been full of optimistic projections only to be quashed later on.

I spent 40 years in the government doing new IT work, you image how many over optimistic projections I’ve seen. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I spent 40 years in the government doing new IT work, you image how many over optimistic projections I’ve seen. 

Case loads have been going down here since the government imposed a curfew.  This has prevented a lot of people from getting together in the evenings although the police have given out 4000+ tickets since the curfew was implemented.   At $1500 to start, that's a lot of money.

Also, we are heading into warmer weather.  When people are able to go outside more the infection rate will go down significantly because no one is cooped up indoors.  Our infection rate in August was very low and rules were relaxed.    As we headed into colder weather they started to increase significantly. 

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Bye doomers.  Enjoy your misery. 

Really do hope the projections are correct Terri. So don’t understand the insults... goodbye.

Thought the opinion of the report was over optimistic on end of April. So gave my opinion on why I thought it was over optimistic. Used the word “opinion” as we won’t know the facts until end of April. Didn’t realize that would make me like the guy on the street corner with a “the end is near” picket sign. 🙄

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1