WSJ: America to reach herd immunity in April

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Raise your hand if you’ve gotten Shingrix.  

*Raises hand*

Shingles is the worst!!  That is one vaccine all people of a certain age should get.  Horrible, horrible unimaginable pain and it can blind a person if contracted in the eye.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

*Raises hand*

Shingles is the worst!!  That is one vaccine all people of a certain age should get.  Horrible, horrible unimaginable pain and it can blind a person if contracted in the eye.  

I’m glad you guys reminded me.  My doctor recommended it a while back and I kind of forgot about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

I’m glad you guys reminded me.  My doctor recommended it a while back and I kind of forgot about it.

My wife gave birth to 4 kids and has undergone a mastectomy, chemo and radiation twice, reconstructive surgery, and she will tell you those were all a picnic compared to the pain of Shingles.  At one point she was eating 10 mg. Vicodin like after dinner mints and it didn’t even take the edge off.  It was very scary.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not anti-vaxxer.  I got the flu shot last fall and I got Shingrix a few years ago, which plenty of people are afraid to get because of the side effects.  Raise your hand if you’ve gotten Shingrix.  

My wife and I got the Shingles vaccine last year. Her sister's husband had Shingles, so it was a no brainer for us. We also get the flu shot now. We  got the pneumonia shot last year to round out the year. Just call us human pin-cushions. 

My wife has had both COVID vaccine shots. Being a hospice volunteer she was able to sign up early on. I got my first on 2/9 with the second scheduled for 3/9. Can't wait!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

*Raises hand*

Thanks for the reminder as that’s on my to do (after retirement) list. Did flu shot last (way too young) doctor visit but need to ask next visit. Wife had shingles and said it was one of the worse things she ever went through. For her that’s saying a lot. 
Also glad to hear Mike D and others getting vaccinations. Wish y’all in the  priority groups would hurry up so people like me in the “ok who’d we miss” group can get them. 😬

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wish y’all in the  priority groups would hurry up so people like me in the “ok who’d we miss” group can get them. 😬

Our priority group will be long done by the time our "suggest you wait around three months to get your vaccine since you're no longer positive" wait is up.  

• Sad 1