Old school (no valve) bugle music

Buddy Cooke

Anyone interested in the kind of music the very first competition corps played when they started with no valves? I have collected a large amount of bugle music- hundreds of marches and over a thousand bugle calls from around the world.

I started putting out a newsletter with bugle music. I created a pdf with 6 marches for anyone who signs up for the newsletter. Follow this link and you can sign up to get the PDF of music. Newsletter comes out every 2-4 weeks and each will include more music. (Plus articles, news, etc)

I'm also working on putting it all into a book, so look for that in the future. (Sign up for the newsletter for updates and to find out first when it comes out)

• Like 1

Your timing couldn't be better. This year (2021) marks the 100th anniversary of the first national championship of drum and bugle corps which took place at the American Legion national convention in Kansas City, Missouri in 1921. We know which post finished first and which post finished second. Both posts are still active American Legion posts.

1. General George A. Custer Post 54 Battle Creek, Michigan

2. Sangsmor Post Springfield, Illinois