Can we discuss Summer?

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

It was just said that there should be enough to vaccinate everyone BUT still face the challenges . One of them is enough people to administer the vaccine. It was just said it doesn't mean everyone will get it. Either way it does look promising that if there is enough then whether it's may or end of summer there will be an opportunity in the very near future for all.

I am now a part of the vaccine corps at my school, and am administering vaccines at vaccination events. There is a big concerted effort to get more individuals to administer it! I'm not a nurse, im just a student in professional school so organizations are finding ways to expand the number of people administering this vaccine after receiving training. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I am now a part of the vaccine corps at my school, and am administering vaccines at vaccination events. There is a big concerted effort to get more individuals to administer it! I'm not a nurse, im just a student in professional school so organizations are finding ways to expand the number of people administering this vaccine after receiving training. 

So what I was saying or saw on TV was true. 

Thank you for stepping up.. hero's come in many forms especially with what the world has had to deal with.

Thanks again !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Yep & the numbers aren't great.  A couple of the worst COVID states in the US.     

Florida = 1.91m+ cases, 31k+ deaths, positivity rate >6%

Texas = 2.66m+ cases, 44k+ deaths, positivity rate >12%

Source of this data? Covidtracking which will stop publishing data on the 7th of March (political statement?) differs just a nudge on what you are pointing out. 2,655,592 and 43,266 for Texas as one example. 

List out California and New York who are in lockdowns as a comparison? The hospitalizations along with ICU numbers are similar for Texas and California. 

The National numbers are looking good. Here is the link for the data I was posting https://covidtracking.com/data 

You could have provided it but perhaps the direction of the curve was dipping too much. 

Edited by WilsonStaff
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ok- I did some math:

Pacific Crest:  30 hr drive to Indy; 20 hrs to San Antonio, 32 hrs to Atlanta

Carolina Crown:  9 hrs to Indy, 18 hrs to San Antonio, 4 hrs to Atlanta

Troopers:  18 Hrs to Indy, 18 hrs to San Antonio, 24 hrs to Atlanta

Boston Crusaders:  14 hrs to Indy, 31 hrs to San Antonio, 17 hrs to Atlanta

All of these times are from Google Maps, & is drive time only, not including any stops.

San Antonio & Atlanta were picked as general  'Texas' & 'South' locations; exact distance will  depend on what venues are used.

Long bus rides indeed.

i was speaking more about events in region before gathering. lets say they have an Allentown...Bloo buses in. I dont think you'll see everyone together until Indy

12 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I lived in DC area at time - the show site moved 8 miles from 'The Team Formerly Known as the Washington Redskins' stadium in Landover MD to Univ Maryland in College Park.  DC traffic is horrible, but I don't see how venue change impacted the bigger picture of Corps housing (FWIW Madison was at a HS 3 miles from my house in Virginia)

if i recall the change and uncertainty was due  it being known for a while it would be moving to those on the inside caused the issue , though most outside he inner circle had no idea.

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Let’s throw in change of drivers needed on long distance trips like these. No idea what interstate regulations are anymore. For PA to New Orleans we had at least one change.

i highly doubt any corps west of the Mississippi River will be east of it until Indy, and that'll be hotels

3 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

From President Biden's FB today: 

"Three weeks ago, I announced we would have enough vaccine supply for all Americans by the end of July.
Now, with our efforts to ramp up production, we will have enough vaccines for every American by the end of May."

Now THAT is good news to me!  Everyone vaccinated by the end of May makes me so hopeful for a real 2021 season.

once you convince Anti vaxxers to get it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1