Can we discuss Summer?

59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

once you convince Anti vaxxers to get it

Demographics are not good on this one. https://www.biospace.com/article/47-percent-of-americans-still-hesitant-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-new-poll-says/

All of these people are Anti Vaxxers? 

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i highly doubt any corps west of the Mississippi River will be east of it until Indy, and that'll be hotels

I was reading the post as corps going directly to Indy from their home area. No tour, no pass GO and collect $200, etc.

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I was reading the post as corps going directly to Indy from their home area. No tour, no pass GO and collect $200, etc.

Speaking of collecting $200, just as important as housing working for summer 2021 is the financials working.    Whatever the 2021 seasons entails, if it results in a negative financial hit on DCI/Corps I question whether potential bankruptcy is worth it 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I am now a part of the vaccine corps at my school, and am administering vaccines at vaccination events. There is a big concerted effort to get more individuals to administer it! I'm not a nurse, im just a student in professional school so organizations are finding ways to expand the number of people administering this vaccine after receiving training. 

Is the "vaccination corps" a school sponsored "group".

The reason I ask is that one of the concerns in NJ of allowing non-licensed people to give vaccinations,is liability.

Who provides insurance in case someone makes a mistake,giving an injection ?

Especially if injections aren't under the direct supervision of doctor or nurse.

10 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

It was just said that there should be enough to vaccinate everyone BUT still face the challenges . One of them is enough people to administer the vaccine. It was just said it doesn't mean everyone will get it. Either way it does look promising that if there is enough then whether it's may or end of summer there will be an opportunity in the very near future for all.

"Facing challenger",at least in the near future,is an understatement.

My wife is a visiting nurse.

The J&J vaccine is a lot easier to work with then Phizer,or Maderna,but still has logistical issues.

Even if there are enough vaccine doses,they have to be shipped,stored,distributed and administered.

Right now,in NJ they're only vaccinating people 65 and up.

You still can't get appointments.

Going to be a long time before "young adults" get in the pipeline.

Corps also have to follow DCI's covid protocols.

• Like 1

removed a few posts, and in a continuing effort to try to keep threads like this civil and within the guidelines...
*sigh*
...try to keep it on topic and stay away from politics

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

The reason I ask is that one of the concerns in NJ of allowing non-licensed people to give vaccinations,is liability.

Especially if injections aren't under the direct supervision of doctor or nurse.

My guess would be if a state is allowing someone to give a vaccine, whether the person is a medical professional or not, the state would be the one liable if something goes wrong. Though you need proper training, learning to administer a shot is not that difficult. There is an art to giving a shot, especially if it is intravenous, no question, but it’s pretty basic.

9 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My guess would be if a state is allowing someone to give a vaccine, whether the person is a medical professional or not, the state would be the one liable if something goes wrong. Though you need proper training, learning to administer a shot is not that difficult. There is an art to giving a shot, especially if it is intravenous, no question, but it’s pretty basic.

This vaccine is intramuscular so it’s a lot simpler than an intravenous one

It is very basic. Granted, I am in dental school and I have plenty of experience giving injections for anesthesia, but these are much different than the ones I normally administer for anesthesia 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I’m not quite sure the answer to your question, sorry! 

45 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

removed a few posts, and in a continuing effort to try to keep threads like this civil and within the guidelines...
*sigh*
...try to keep it on topic and stay away from politics

Thank you.... problem with the “interweb” 😈 is you can find anything to back up your opinion. Annnnd stopping there.. 😝