Can we discuss Summer?

56 minutes ago, Continental said:

Not concerned at all with Cappybara's correction on the term.  It's what he studied. 

And helluva legal difference between intra and inter when you add “state” after it. Relates to drum corps when the word “transportation” comes at the very end.

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

10-1 they sign a form waiving the sate from liability

Massachusetts has both professionals and trained volunteers administering shots. I have received both doses and I took a look at my copies of the paperwork. There is no mention of waiving liability and the only place my signature was required was saying I was eligible to receive the vaccine. Since my eligibility was based on my profession and my potentially coming into contact with Covid patients, perhaps it was not necessary. If something is required or recommended by an employer for professional purposes, a mishap could be covered under Workmen’s comp. Maybe if I were 65+ or had two or more comorbitities I might have had to sign a waiver releasing liability, but all I had to sign was a statement of eligibility.

7 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Massachusetts has both professionals and trained volunteers administering shots. I have received both doses and I took a look at my copies of the paperwork. There is no mention of waiving liability and the only place my signature was required was saying I was eligible to receive the vaccine. Since my eligibility was based on my profession and my potentially coming into contact with Covid patients, perhaps it was not necessary. If something is required or recommended by an employer for professional purposes, a mishap could be covered under Workmen’s comp. Maybe if I were 65+ or had two or more comorbitities I might have had to sign a waiver releasing liability, but all I had to sign was a statement of eligibility.

In Virginia, I signed that all of the people / facilities / providers (etc) involved in administering my dose were not responsible for anything that happens. 

lol

7 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

In Virginia, I signed that all of the people / facilities / providers (etc) involved in administering my dose were not responsible for anything that happens. 

lol

I believe I did in NC as well. Also there are some area near me that passed a "resolution" allowing EMT to give the vaccines, because apparently they weren't allowed to do that...

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Maybe if I were 65+ or had two or more comorbitities I might have had to sign a waiver releasing liability, but all I had to sign was a statement of eligibility.

I am in Massachusetts and in this vaccination classification/phase. The only thing I remember signing (online) is the eligibility statement. They never asked (online or at the vaccination site) for any proof/documentation.

I think that I can speak for us all when I say that I hope that things can work out before the summer - because we all want to see a season occur, but we also all know the milestones that will have to be reached before that can realistically happen. There is so much planning and financial resources that have to be put into this before anything could even dream of getting off of the ground. It is possible though. If there is a will there is a way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It's not summer, but it was just announced both the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game will return in 2022. 

Let's hope no one or something else in the next 10 months screws this possibility up.  Loads of other activities taking place at that time of year.

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It's not summer, but it was just announced both the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game will return in 2022.

That's another a step in the right direction. 

Another step in the right direction. Connecticut removes virus restrictions.  

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/hc-news-coronavirus-daily-updates-0304-20210304-56d7cbx6k5da7auqqroznhhdfa-story.html