Can we discuss Summer?

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

if you follow the manifesto that was leaked a few months ago, the costs will be staggering. And the corps who i would think have the best chance to survive it financialy have opted out of a 2021

Do you know if corps are making the "manifesto" available to potential members ?

In my opinion,it would be helpful if DCI finally released this to the public.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Do you know if corps are making the "manifesto" available to potential members ?

In my opinion,it would be helpful if DCI finally released this to the public.

It [manifesto] was posted on Reddit Drumcorps last fall; I don't see it there now but this may be more a function of my inability to search properly.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
speling

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It [manifesto] was posted on Reddit Drumcorps last fall; I don't see it there now but this may be mor a function of my inability to search properly.

From what I've read, it was "pulled" from Redditt.

I believe someone also said that posting the "manifesto" wasn't authorized by DCI.

if that's true, I don't understand why, after this period of time. DCI hasn't made the "manifesto" public.

I did read it.

I think, if people who follow the activity, including those on DCP, had a chance to read it, they would have a better understanding of just how many hoops corps will have to jump thru  to  comply with DCI's mandatory covid protocols.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

From what I've read, it was "pulled" from Redditt.

I believe someone also said that posting the "manifesto" wasn't authorized by DCI.

if that's true, I don't understand why, after this period of time. DCI hasn't made the "manifesto" public.

I did read it.

I think, if people who follow the activity, including those on DCP, had a chance to read it, they would have a better understanding of just how many hoops corps will have to jump thru  to  comply with DCI's mandatory covid protocols.

I remember glancing at it & thinking same.

I suspect that at some point DCI / individual Corps will have to publish what their protocols are to deal with Covid during the summer of 2021.  I cannot imagine them being able to get members to sign up (or parental approval for members under 18), nor insurance, without defined procedures in place.  And it will probably need to be DCI that sets the protocol, otherwise we will see '27th Lancers can fit 30 people on a bus, but Velvet Knights only 25 on the same size bus -WTF?' & stuff like that.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
more better english

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

And it will probably need to be DCI that sets the protocol, otherwise we will see '27th Lancers can fit 30 people on a bus, but Velvet Knights only 25 on the same size bus -WTF?' & stuff like that.

One of the things that stood out the most to me in reading the "manifesto" was the "disclaimer".

If I remember correctly, DCI is only interested in providing "guidance".

There's no indication that they would/could implement mandatory rules/protocols all corps must follow.

5 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

One of the things that stood out the most to me in reading the "manifesto" was the "disclaimer".

There's no indication that they would/could implement mandatory rules/protocols all corps must follow.

So only “guidelines” but are the members and their parents able to see those “guidelines”?  Stopping my thoughts right there..... 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Am I the only person that is beginning to think DCI is rather risk-averse, even in situations where strong leadership is required?  

42 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So only “guidelines” but are the members and their parents able to see those “guidelines”?  Stopping my thoughts right there..... 

alright I’ll add just one word and a punctuation mark... “trust?”

I see 2021 as the opportunity for corps to RAISE money for 2022 and beyond and not SPEND money. 2021 IMO is a recovery year. I just don't see a lot of schools and districts swinging their doors open for people to occupy their spaces. Even in 2022 it might be hard and expensive to book these places.

• Like 1

As I mentioned on another thread, Boston has renewed its housing arrangements at Castleton College in Vermont for spring training in keeping with all the best practice protocols in place at the school.  They are also planning a show announcement on March 17.  I have no idea about woukd  how many performances they are planning, but I've had several current members tell me they don't care.  They just want to be with their drum corps family and play and march.  I also don't have any info on tour fees this year, but that would be interesting to find out.