Can we discuss Summer?

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

A lot of us learned life lessons in Drum Corps, such as dealing with adversity head-on, be honest & up front, etc etc.  These lessons were FAR more important than how to play a horn, hit a drum, or spin a flag.   But that (for me) was 35 years ago.  I just don’t understand the head-in-sand mindset of the current leadership within the activity.  Where is the modern-day Jim Jones, Bill Cook,  Don Warren & Geo. Bonfiglio?   

Just had a flashback from 40+ years ago. At the time we were competing in DCA and lesser circuit RCA. One rehearsal corps business manager (some guy named Hershman) gave the info for the next show and asked if any questions. Someone yelled out “why do we kept going to DCA shows and get our heads kicked in instead RCA and winning?”. Reply was “because we get paid more for coming in last at DCA than winning at RCA... THAT’S WHY”. IOW corps needs the money, suck it up buttercup. No dancing around the question or saying anything to make people feel better... here are facts dang if, deal with it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

A lot of us learned life lessons in Drum Corps, such as dealing with adversity head-on, be honest & up front, etc etc.  These lessons were FAR more important than how to play a horn, hit a drum, or spin a flag.   But that (for me) was 35 years ago.  I just don’t understand the head-in-sand mindset of the current leadership within the activity.  Where is the modern-day Jim Jones, Bill Cook,  Don Warren & Geo. Bonfiglio?   

Today they are more interested in winning medals and getting paid. 

• Like 1