Can we discuss Summer?

43 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ok- so after the 10-day home quarantine they need to somehow get from home to rehearsal location.  Hope no one picks up the virus on the way.  

And the definition of “quarantine” is? Stay at home but exposed to people who live at the house but go out? Stay at home and totally separate from others in the house during that time? Nephew got a bad case from one of his roommates visitors who stopped in for a bit, that’s what has me thinking 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

And the definition of “quarantine” is? Stay at home but exposed to people who live at the house but go out? Stay at home and totally separate from others in the house during that time? Nephew got a bad case from one of his roommates visitors who stopped in for a bit.

Don't get me started or this thread will get shut down like all the others.

Anyway, I am glad that we are seeing bits and parts of how various Corps are going to deal with the myriad of practical matters concerning a 2021 season.  So far we have seen BK publish at least the outline of a plan; Troopers & BAC will announce theirs in the next few weeks.  Someone on here mentioned that BAC has spring training location lined up.

So maybe DCI will pull this off.  

• Like 1

Maybe.....Corps should bring everyone in 2 weeks before camp so that they can quarantine at the camp site. Keep track of temps daily and make sure everyone is healthy before the camp starts. Continue monitoring throughout camp and every day into the season.

However, will school districts around the country allow outside groups into their facilities? If I can't have a camp in my school for 2 days for my students then my district sure won't let a drum corps come to our facility!

Fauci tells the public that even if you get the vaccine you should still stay masked up until (at least 2022). So I think many school districts will say NO to outside groups using their schools AND facilities!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

Maybe.....Corps should bring everyone in 2 weeks before camp so that they can quarantine at the camp site. Keep track of temps daily and make sure everyone is healthy before the camp starts. Continue monitoring throughout camp and every day into the season.

However, will school districts around the country allow outside groups into their facilities? If I can't have a camp in my school for 2 days for my students then my district sure won't let a drum corps come to our facility!

Fauci tells the public that even if you get the vaccine you should still stay masked up until (at least 2022). So I think many school districts will say NO to outside groups using their schools AND facilities!

If brought in 2 weeks early do they maintain social distancing during this time?  

I suppose you could teach the drill in groups with expanded intervals to maintain the 6-foot separation, & then merge the groups once quarantine is over.

But yeah - the logistics & finances also need to work in the Corps' favor.  I have used the analogy that the 2021 DCI season is a 3-legged stool; the legs are desire, logistics, & financials.  All 3 legs need to be in place or the stool falls down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Don't get me started or this thread will get shut down like all the others.

Anyway, I am glad that we are seeing bits and parts of how various Corps are going to deal with the myriad of practical matters concerning a 2021 season.  So far we have seen BK publish at least the outline of a plan; Troopers & BAC will announce theirs in the next few weeks.  Someone on here mentioned that BAC has spring training location lined up.

So maybe DCI will pull this off.  

Sorry wasn’t my intent. My thought was using terms that can be taken in differing ways can lead to problems. In this case just saying “quarantine” without giving specifics could lead to members and their families doing different things. IOW hope the members are given detailed instructions on what needs to be done during those 10 days.

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If brought in 2 weeks early do they maintain social distancing during this time?  

I suppose you could teach the drill in groups with expanded intervals to maintain the 6-foot separation, & then merge the groups once quarantine is over.

But yeah - the logistics & finances also need to work in the Corps' favor.  I have used the analogy that the 2021 DCI season is a 3-legged stool; the legs are desire, logistics, & financials.  All 3 legs need to be in place or the stool falls down.

Depending on where we are with the pandemic,if 2021 does happen,it may be with Social Distancing,"bell covers" and some members in masks.

Last year,that's what the high school bands around here, and the college bands I saw on T.V., did.

The drill was designed to maintain social distance between members.

They had covers over the instruments' "bells" .

Even with the Social Distancing,some band members,mostly percussion and some guard, had masks.

Edited by rpbobcat

Do corps (and everyone else for that matter) realize that saying "We don't have the details but we are looking at solutions" is perfectly understandable?

We have come into situations where we expect perfect answers.  They are not available.  

We know they are striving to survive.  We know they have an uphill battle.

Sometimes when the facts are laid out, incredible things happen. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Continental said:

Do corps (and everyone else for that matter) realize that saying "We don't have the details but we are looking at solutions" is perfectly understandable?

We have come into situations where we expect perfect answers.  They are not available.  

We know they are striving to survive.  We know they have an uphill battle.

Sometimes when the facts are laid out, incredible things happen. 

I’d accept “here’s what we are looking at (or planning) but no guarantees at this point. But keep looking for updates as things can change”. 
Irony as just opened my mail and see local old car club will charter a bus to the national meetings in Philly “if not cancelled”. Other night national emailed that the meetings are cancelled. Plans made... plans changed due to circumstances beyond control...
So don’t have to wait until everything is set to release info. Just let people know it might change

Edited by JimF-LowBari

35 minutes ago, Continental said:

This may be the solution to isolation at camp.

6035a8f6411dc.image.jpg?resize=1200,809

Aerosol bombs, yay!