Can we discuss Summer?

12 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Maybe.....Corps should bring everyone in 2 weeks before camp so that they can quarantine at the camp site. Keep track of temps daily and make sure everyone is healthy before the camp starts. Continue monitoring throughout camp and every day into the season.

However, will school districts around the country allow outside groups into their facilities? If I can't have a camp in my school for 2 days for my students then my district sure won't let a drum corps come to our facility!

Fauci tells the public that even if you get the vaccine you should still stay masked up until (at least 2022). So I think many school districts will say NO to outside groups using their schools AND facilities!

You make good points. Personally I think much will depend on where schools are located and how seriously the state and local community has taken Covid. Let’s face it, some places have been very lax about basics regarding Covid. We can’t say states have been over cautious since there was such a huge uptick after Thanksgiving and Christmas even in the states that were very cautious. 

I think it could be difficult right now to find a facility. Come summer it could be easier, especially where so many districts may be cash strapped. However my concern would be whether these schools are following sanitizing protocols. The better bet will probably be college dormitories and hotels. It will be more expensive, but safer.

14 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Depending on where we are with the pandemic,if 2021 does happen,it may be with Social Distancing,"bell covers" and some members in masks.

Last year,that's what the high school bands around here, and the college bands I saw on T.V., did.

The drill was designed to maintain social distance between members.

They had covers over the instruments' "bells" .

Even with the Social Distancing,some band members,mostly percussion and some guard, had masks.

true but they didn't sleep together

13 hours ago, Continental said:

Do corps (and everyone else for that matter) realize that saying "We don't have the details but we are looking at solutions" is perfectly understandable?

We have come into situations where we expect perfect answers.  They are not available.  

We know they are striving to survive.  We know they have an uphill battle.

Sometimes when the facts are laid out, incredible things happen. 

I understand entirely. My question is what questions are they seriously asking themselves?

• Like 1

Just got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine at Gillette Stadium no less.  Saw someone waiting in line wearing a Crusaders Senior t-shirt, or what looked like a Crusaders Senior t-shirt. At least one marcher and one fan are fully vaccinated. Bring on 2021!😃

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

Just got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine at Gillette Stadium no less.  Saw someone waiting in line wearing a Crusaders Senior t-shirt, or what looked like a Crusaders Senior t-shirt. At least one marcher and one fan are fully vaccinated. Bring on 2021!😃

I really hope DCI can pull it off (2021 season). 

And I also hope that that if it becomes apparent that it just isn't going to work without bankrupting DCI & several Corps that DCI will have the intestinal fortitude to throw in the towel (so to speak).

On 2/26/2021 at 11:25 AM, Continental said:

This may be the solution to isolation at camp.

6035a8f6411dc.image.jpg?resize=1200,809

[an entire show theme comes to mind.... a part 2 of that Madison show a few years back mashed up with the Guardian's Radioactive show.