Remembering Chick Corea in Drum Corps

I would hope DCI is putting together a Chick Corea retrospect for their website.  Until then, what was your favorite drum corps performance of Chick Corea Music in the 70s & 80s?

Here is a very small sample!
Celebration Suite    Oakland Crusaders 77
            Royal Brigade 77
            Royal Crusaders 80
            Blue Stars 82
            Cavaliers 83

Central Park        Troopers 80

Cheshire Cat Walk    Anaheim Kingsmen 76

La Fiesta        Muchachos 75
            Blue Stars 79
            Blue Devils 84

Music Magic        Suncoast Sound 82

Night Streets        Sky Ryders 81

Rumble        Crossmen 87

Spain            Northstar 81    

Spanish Fantasy     Blue Devils 77
            Boston Crusaders 77
            Crossmen 80
            Blue Devils 86

The Musician        Avant Garde 84

• 2 weeks later...

Do I have to choose just one? That Chick's music was so very adaptable to the drum corps idiom should come as no surprise.

I'll go with the '75 Muchachos here, just because many on this site never got to witness that, but I have a lot of favorites, including some in DCA, like the Sunrisers cover of "Spain".

Chick was positively jazzed about his music being played on the field. He revealed that he and his wife, the great vocalist Galye Moran, wept tears of joy when they watched the BD "Spanish Heart" show on the broadcast. How very profound a closing of the circle.

2 hours ago, ironlips said:

Do I have to choose just one? That Chick's music was so very adaptable to the drum corps idiom should come as no surprise.

I'll go with the '75 Muchachos here, just because many on this site never got to witness that, but I have a lot of favorites, including some in DCA, like the Sunrisers cover of "Spain".

Chick was positively jazzed about his music being played on the field. He revealed that he and his wife, the great vocalist Galye Moran, wept tears of joy when they watched the BD "Spanish Heart" show on the broadcast. How very profound a closing of the circle.

I'm glad BD posted Chick's response you're referring to, and I love how much HE loved drum corps. I believe the Chick Corea Twitter account posted a picture of him wearing his World Drum Corps Hall of Fame hat when he was inducted a couple years ago.