Hope for the 2021 season?

8 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Predident Biden today announced that all adult Americans will be able to be vaccinated by May 31st. DCI should be able to go ahead with some kind of season, if true. Good news. 

Should be interesting what happens. Hoping logistics (mainly locations and personnel) for giving vaccines is worked out better. Pretty hit and miss in my part of PA from what I’ve been hearing.

the only thing is government pronouncements tend to be bolder than reality

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Predident Biden today announced that all adult Americans will be able to be vaccinated by May 31st. DCI should be able to go ahead with some kind of season, if true. Good news. 

That's not exactly what he said.

He said the US will have "enough vaccines for every adult by the end of May" .

There still remain the logistical issues with getting doses into people's arms.

In N.J. ,our Governor is saying they hope to hit 70% vaccinations in a 'few months".

He has said that,assuming the supply can keep up with demand,something that hasn't come close yet,

they are looking at late summer early fall.

• Like 2

I think there will be plenty of MM that will want to participate.

I think there will be writing and instructional staffs that will want to participate.

I think there will be volunteers and corps moms that will want to participate.

The big unknown is whether there will be schools that are ready to host the corps. I have a feeling that they will be much slower to open themselves back up to visiting tour groups. There may still be a fear of exposure (medical, legal or otherwise).

If there is a season you can count on me to buy some tickets and souvies.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

I think there will be plenty of MM that will want to participate.

I think there will be writing and instructional staffs that will want to participate.

I think there will be volunteers and corps moms that will want to participate.

The big unknown is whether there will be schools that are ready to host the corps. I have a feeling that they will be much slower to open themselves back up to visiting tour groups. There may still be a fear of exposure (medical, legal or otherwise).

If there is a season you can count on me to buy some tickets and souvies.

I agree that many members will want to participate; the question is how much $ they are willing to spend on a 'something less than 2019' season?