2021 Blue Stars Season Information

4 minutes ago, NewToPosting said:

Hope they get kids who can pay $3,400 for the season (per their website) without the usual means of fundraising.

I'm sure they will. This is about the same costs most corps are telling their members to expect. 

2 minutes ago, NewToPosting said:

Really?  Where do you see other corps posting dues information?  Can you link to it?

Some have been posted on other threads here as well on corps websites. I'm sure you know where to find google. 

1 minute ago, inbetween said:

Some have been posted on other threads here as well on corps websites. I'm sure you know where to find google. 

Sure do.  Used to work there.  

I posted a link to what I think is the only corps who has posted a specific dollar amount on their website.  Since you chimed in quickly, I thought maybe you'd be able to link to show that other corps are stating the same.  This is also the first time I'm seeing a specific date range or a "tour".  DCI hasn't announced a tour.  

I'm not trying to argue, but one corps (Blue Stars) made their dues information readily available.  $3,400 for 45 days seems exorbitant.  Thus, my shock that other corps are charging the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewToPosting said:

I posted a link to what I think is the only corps who has posted a specific dollar amount on their website.  Since you chimed in quickly, I thought maybe you'd be able to link to show that other corps are stating the same.  This is also the first time I'm seeing a specific date range or a "tour".  DCI hasn't announced a tour.  

I'm not trying to argue, but one corps (Blue Stars) made their dues information readily available.  $3,400 for 45 days seems exorbitant.  Thus, my shock that other corps are charging the same.

Some haven't posted announcements but they have the information on their websites. Others i've been told(or shown). You also have to realize the cost is going up because of all the covid requirements(extra rooms, supplies etc). Blue Stars have said that amount is their total charge. A lot of corps are going to give you a smaller number, then add on all kind of fees, etc.

Not trying to argue either, simply too lazy to go through emails, websites, text etc and compile the information here. 

I will say there is an open class corps that has advertised on their website dues that are almost the same amount...

• Like 1

This plan by the Blue Stars seems reasonable and realistic to me.  I wish them the best!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NewToPosting said:

For some comparison, the Maine jazz camp charges high school kids $1900 for ONE WEEK.  Living in dorms, eating campus food, no travel at all, and one final performance at week's end for a hundred or so parents and spectators.  So, I think the Blue Stars fees are reasonable.

• Like 3

Oh, I wish them every bit of success.  And of course, the costs rise every year and especially with a year of no revenues, they have to make money to put the show on the road - no question there. 

I had heard a while back that some corps were targeting the $1,500-$2,000 range, but that didn't include a "tour".  That was also just anecdotal from friends on staff with various corps.  And of course, everyone has been planning on whatever this summer will be as more local.  So, the Midwest Combine makes sense, too.  

Edited by NewToPosting