2021 Blue Stars Season Information

1 minute ago, NewToPosting said:

Oh, I wish them every bit of success.  And of course, the costs rise every year and especially with a year of no revenues, they have to make money to put the show on the road - no question there. 

I had heard a while back that some corps were targeting the $1,500-$2,000 range, but that didn't include a "tour".  That was also just anecdotal from friends on staff with various corps.  And of course, everyone's being planning on whatever this summer will be as more local.  So, the Midwest Combine makes sense, too.  

SO far the only corps I've seen that has pledged to keep dues down are Blue Knights. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NewToPosting said:

I'm not trying to argue, but one corps (Blue Stars) made their dues information readily available.  $3,400 for 45 days seems exorbitant.  Thus, my shock that other corps are charging the same.

Is $3,400 alot of money? It sure is (under any circumstances). 

It breaks down to approximately $75.55 per day for: housing, transportation, 4 meals (per day), instrument and uniform use/"rental", instruction, experience and pandemic related costs. When looking at it this way, $3400 seems reasonable. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

It breaks down to approximately $75.55 per day for: housing, transportation, 4 meals (per day), instrument and uniform use/"rental", instruction, experience and pandemic related costs. When looking at it this way, $3400 seems reasonable. 

Could someone "in the know" please post what the dues for a corps, including Spring training, for a normal season are.

8 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Could someone "in the know" please post what the dues for a corps, including Spring training, for a normal season are.

From Spirit of Atlanta's website:

We are working hard to keep tuition as low as possible this year. In a normal year, our membership tuition is around $4,500. Once we are able to put some plans in place and perform a cost analysis, we will update this FAQ with that information. The main unknown factor is what our pre-season and spring training programs will look like and our access to safe, cost-effective housing for the summer tour. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Post on Reddit says that most of Corps rolled over 2020 dues & are now 100% paid.  And also that the Corps was paying back to member anything over the $3400 rolled over from 2020.

I know of another corps also about $3k for a month or so.  Sounds expensive , yes, but $100 per day for housing in college dorms, four meals a day (in this case prepared by university dining), and the instruction, etc. isn’t really unreasonable.  For many it works out to be quite a bit cheaper in total as the only travel expense is the one trip to start and end.  No monthly camp fees and travel expenses.  For those that have to travel far, they could normally easily spend $6k so this is probably about half price in those cases.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

I know of another corps also about $3k for a month or so.  Sounds expensive , yes, but $100 per day for housing in college dorms, four meals a day (in this case prepared by university dining), and the instruction, etc. isn’t really unreasonable.  For many it works out to be quite a bit cheaper in total as the only travel expense is the one trip to start and end.  No monthly camp fees and travel expenses.  For those that have to travel far, they could normally easily spend $6k so this is probably about half price in those cases.

Not to mention the supplies that will be needed to clean. also if mask mandates are still a thing. etc.etc. 

• Like 1