Plans to attend August event?

With corps making plans to attend the “event” In Indy in August got me thinking about fans plans. What would the people here plan to do if the event is held? And for comparison what do you normally do during DCI week? Feel free to post if you know what non-DCPers are planning to do.

To start I’ve never made DCI week but starting last year (great timing 🥵) was planning to pay for any webcasts that are available. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

With corps making plans to attend the “event” In Indy in August got me thinking about fans plans. What would the people here plan to do if the event is held? And for comparison what do you normally do during DCI week? Feel free to post if you know what non-DCPers are planning to do.

To start I’ve never made DCI week but starting last year (great timing 🥵) was planning to pay for any webcasts that are available. 

As long as the corps I support will be there, my current plan is to attend.

To your second question...... Starting in 2010, I've been to finals week 7 times.

• Thanks 2

I’ve been to Finals every year since 2004 and plan on going this year. I just wish the event details weren’t so cryptic. I know everything is pending but would like to know what the intended format is going to be.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I’ve been to Finals every year since 2004 and plan on going this year. I just wish the event details weren’t so cryptic. I know everything is pending but would like to know what the intended format is going to be.

My thoughts are how many days will this actually run? And if you’ve been in Indy multiple times and have an extra free day.... what would you do... again.... Used to have a free day at DCA but used that to recover from the drive, hit the stores for “supplies” and rest up for 2 coming days of stadium seats 🥵

As of right now, I am a definite maybe. I plan on attending but much will depend on flying, whether I have to quarantine when I arrive in Indy and when I return home. I am thinking that where I am fully vaccinated this will not be necessary, but you never know. I also have to look at whether it is worthwhile. Boston to Indy for events that are not full day events may be a lot of travel for a few quick shows. It will also depend on who I know who will be going. I usually travel on my own but I know people who sit in my section. If they attend will be a factor. If any of the events are broadcast in a cinema or live streamed, that could impact my decision.

Usually when I attend I try and arrive mid day on Wednesday and attend the Indiana State Fair. While I do enjoy the fair, it is not that different from other fairs so if I miss it, it’s not a problem. The Big E In Springfield, MA is almost a duplicate (same amusement company, same vendors). Now when it comes to Shapiro’s, can I survive without their hot pastrami? It’s been over a year. 

I'm getting my first dose tomorrow.

After a year of doing practically nothing - haven't eaten inside a restaurant in a year, haven't flown in 14 months, went to my first orchestra concert last week for the first time in a year - I'll be ready to see even a small kazoo ensemble at Lucas Oil. As of now, I plan to go regardless of format.

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

I plan on attending but much will depend on flying, whether I have to quarantine when I arrive in Indy and when I return home. 

Who will be verifying that you'll be doing this?  Well, besides HIM!

• Haha 1

Plan on being with a corps in the food truck, depends on what their housing arrangement is and whether they will need a food truck. Do they set up food trucks in a hotel parking lot ?   If I fly up I would like to spend at least 2 weeks working with the corps I am not that sure I would come up for just a 4 day stint and if it is that short a stint they should have too many volunteers

• Like 1