Plans to attend August event?

18 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Ages 16 and up now eligible for vaccination in Arizona with appointments available. Good News.

PA still in first group but out of 12.7 million population, 2.8 million are fully vaccinated or have first dose. Yeah “we have an app for that” to check. Considering the number of corps and shows in PA figure it’s DC related. 
Bad news is we will have 1 million cases in another week or two.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

22 hours ago, darlacorp said:

With benefits of not being judged and not having the constraints of performing  to the top box the ability to entertain and use the field in a whole new way would be innovative and grow the possibilities for the corps to be 360' for all spectators to enjoy.

Several issues with that -

1.  The curtain is in place for acoustic reasons (lesson learned in 2009/10).

2.  Performing 360-degrees would have implications with amount of electronics, amps & speakers - arguably you would need at least 2x as many (or even more considering the end zones).  This costs $$ (do Corps get 'deals' on electronics, amps & speakers like they do for brass/drums/uniforms?) that Corps may not have this year.

3.  There would need to be some trial & error experimentation in LOS to get the setup right - not easy in a normal season & less easy in 2021.

Nice idea, but that dog ain't huntin' this year

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

14 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Several issues with that -

1.  The curtain is in place for acoustic reasons (lesson learned in 2009/10).

2.  Performing 360-degrees would have implications with amount of electronics, amps & speakers - arguably you would need at least 2x as many (or even more considering the end zones).  This costs $$ (do Corps get 'deals' on electronics, amps & speakers like they do for brass/drums/uniforms?) that Corps may not have this year.

3.  There would need to be some trial & error experimentation in LOS to get the setup right - not easy in a normal season & less easy in 2021.

Nice idea, but that dog ain't huntin' this year

I ain't going if those curtains aren't in place.  They really do make a difference.  :spitting:  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Brother in law works school construction and renovation. Had a school that hung huge acoustic textile panels on the cafeteria walls. Idea was to keep things down to a roar at lunchtime. Had a Smokey fire in the school and they found out the panels also held in the stench very well too. 🤮

Many schools are using the acoustic panels to reduce the noise. 

https://schoolecosystem.org/category/economics/funding/

4 hours ago, WilsonStaff said:

Many schools are using the acoustic panels to reduce the noise. 

https://schoolecosystem.org/category/economics/funding/

Understood, just didn’t know they did a great job with odors too.... 🤮 School fire was caused by a building contractors improper storage of flammable materials (spontaneous combustion happened). Bro in law got a call at 1am from his boss. “Were any of your people in the East wing? No? Reason why I asked is the school is on fire and that’s where it started”. 😳😬🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

PA still in first group but out of 12.7 million population, 2.8 million are fully vaccinated or have first dose. Yeah “we have an app for that” to check. Considering the number of corps and shows in PA figure it’s DC related. 
Bad news is we will have 1 million cases in another week or two.

Why is PA so far behind in getting the Vaccine out? Is it something that is obvious? 

In Florida they are on 50 and up. According to Florida shortly they will be on 40 and older. Some locations already offering it. In Texas I read 50+ was also available now. 

6 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Why is PA so far behind in getting the Vaccine out? Is it something that is obvious? 

In Florida they are on 50 and up. According to Florida shortly they will be on 40 and older. Some locations already offering it. In Texas I read 50+ was also available now. 

The percentages of those eligible to be vaccinated who have received the vaccine is more important than the age of those eligible. Some states define essential workers differently than others, some have different requirements of comorbidities, some had higher numbers of healthcare workers and nursing home populations, etc. For a while my home state was criticized for inefficiency and a slow roll out rate and while there were major appointment snafus, the percentage of people being vaccinated was pretty high. With Florida and Texas, I would wonder what the percentage is of those eligible to be vaccinated who are choosing not to be vaccinated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Any idea of percentage of population in FL and TX that has received vaccinations?(edit see below)  Roughly PA is 20+%. First group (1A) in PA is over 65 (we have a large elderly population), long term care residents, health care workers, first responders, under 65 with health issues, IIRC teachers  are now included. I’d have to dig but 1A is a large percentage of the population and still working on getting them vaccinated. And PA seems to be pretty hard nosed on people jumping line. At least I don’t know of anyone not in 1A who has been vaccinated.

edit: found FULLY vaccinated rates as of yesterday

PA 13%
FL 12.5%
TX 10.7%
all in bottom half 

edit 2 (got me thinking ONeals 🤪): Percentage of PA pop that is elderly 16.69% (5th highest in country).

Edited by JimF-LowBari