Plans to attend August event?

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It's about time Jim that you got on line.  Tough waking up this morning?  And I'm in the MT zone.

You know these retired people Ghost... 😆 Do it when I bleeping good and ready 😈

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any idea of percentage of population in FL and TX that has received vaccinations?(edit see below)  Roughly PA is 20+%. First group (1A) in PA is over 65 (we have a large elderly population), long term care residents, health care workers, first responders, under 65 with health issues, IIRC teachers  are now included. I’d have to dig but 1A is a large percentage of the population and still working on getting them vaccinated. And PA seems to be pretty hard nosed on people jumping line. At least I don’t know of anyone not in 1A who has been vaccinated.

edit: found FULLY vaccinated rates as of yesterday

PA 13%
FL 12.5%
TX 10.7%
all in bottom half 

you found it before I could respond - the total number of Floridians who completed or have received their first dose (with partial therapeutic effect)  is around 23% as of yesterday.  the number of vaccination sites are growing and the minimum age is being lowered again - yet despite the immunizing efforts and COVID precautions still in effect, we are expecting another surge.

Regardless, we are making progress - I am encouraged by what I see in the data here and nationwide, and IMO it bodes well for the activity's thoughtful return and a safe event in Indianapolis in August. 

4 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

you found it before I could respond - the total number of Floridians who completed or have received their first dose (with partial therapeutic effect)  is around 23% as of yesterday.  the number of vaccination sites are growing and the minimum age is being lowered again - yet despite the immunizing efforts and COVID precautions still in effect, we are expecting another surge.

Regardless, we are making progress - I am encouraged by what I see in the data here and nationwide, and IMO it bodes well for the activity's thoughtful return and a safe event in Indianapolis in August. 

Dang it John, need to be able to give you a trophy 🏆 for that. Being an old (but not old enough to be in 1A) IT number cruncher I’ve been following daily vaccination numbers in PA. Things have been speeding up based on the raw numbers. Gives me a good feeling but have to remember not to do anything stupid as I’m still probably months away

9 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Why is PA so far behind in getting the Vaccine out? Is it something that is obvious? 

In Florida they are on 50 and up. According to Florida shortly they will be on 40 and older. Some locations already offering it. In Texas I read 50+ was also available now. 

Thinking about it... if FL still has elderly to vaccinate why are they dropping the age? Throwing it out there in case anyone has seen a reason given.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking about it... if FL still has elderly to vaccinate why are they dropping the age? Throwing it out there in case anyone has seen a reason given.

Positive cases are going up in FLa. Deaths down,positive cases up. With that many believe that numbers and info are quite the debate in Fl, even an investigation to areas given availability. The Orlando area ( Orange County Mayor went over the Gov. and has started 40 and over at Convention Center in Orlando. Needless to say Gov. wasn't happy

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Just an observation - 50% of the states are in the 'bottom half'

Couldn’t remember how far down the list the 3 states were.... so I wimped out and said bottom half. Interesting all 3 states mentioned in the post are there...

Ok once a number cruncher always a NC, so I looked again

rank of totally vaccinated by percentage for the 3 states

FL 38th

PA 40th

TX 49th

Note: only throwing out (up?) the raw numbers, drawing no conclusions from them

Edited by JimF-LowBari

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Couldn’t remember how far down the list the 3 states were.... so I wimped out and said bottom half. Interesting all 3 states mentioned in the post are there...

Ok once a number cruncher always a NC, so I looked again

rank of totally vaccinated by percentage for the 3 states

FL 38th

PA 40th

TX 49th

Note: only throwing out (up?) the raw numbers, drawing no conclusions from them

For the previous posts and this one do you have a source for these numbers? I have looked at a couple of sources and could not find the exact info you have. 

Philadelphia nbc news 10 says that PA rollout of vaccine has been slow. 

23 hours ago, Continental said:

They are not banned yet.  You don't need to worry, you will be working hard in your participant corps in the first leaders chair extraordinaire otherwise known to band people. 

The topic is not me. Don't get fascinated about the word banned. 

I will continue to dominate as a lead. also known as first chair in band.