Plans to attend August event?

21 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

You can open offer the vaccine to whoever you want.

If you don't have supply,it doesn't matter.

That's what NJ did.

Our Governor keeps expanding eligibility.

But,given the limited vaccine supply,all that's done is make it even harder to get an appointment.

Acting Secretary of Health in PA just ordered a “speed up” in giving vaccinations so state can meet its goal of finishing first group by a certain date. As a cynical ex govt employee who worked in a supply agency I don’t see any info on logistical plans to “make it so”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

14 hours ago, inbetween said:

Anyone else see DCI will be announcing more information about this "summer" on the 31st? 

• Sounds like there’s still no “official” name for the August event, but Dan kept using the world “Celebration”

• Season will definitely be non-competitve and expect most shows to be shorter in length

• DCI is announcing more plans on March 31st. It sounds like there will be a couple more DCI sanctioned events, especially one in Allentown.

• DCI has formed a committee of corps directors and other advisors to create a reopening plan. The plan both gives guidance to how corps should operate and how DCI will operate events. Ultimately, a lot of decisions will be left up to the corps themselves on how best to operate and serve their members.

• It needs to be kept in mind that DCI is still at the mercy of local health officials and ordinances in terms of hosting events.

• Some corps will not be traveling to Indy in August nor are fielding a corps altogether, but no corps have yet to fold completely

• A bit of discussion on the state of SoundSport & Drumline Battle and where those programs are headed

• Dan made what seemed to be a half jokingly comment that maybe the roof at Lucas Oil will open at some point

Allentown will depend on what the state is allowing. i know some fans are allowed at Phils games, but that stadium is set up better to hand social distancing if it's still in effect

if they do host something, i'll probably just tail gate

13 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not to be a wet blanket but wasn’t it getting harder and harder to find housing and practice facilities for corps for DCI East (aka Allentown) during the 2010s.

Ironic timing alert: PA just hit a million Covid cases 🥵

hotels. i'd be amazed schools let anyone in this summer down there

10 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If you want to dig into that much feel free. As a life long PA resident that’s just a sad number to me no matter how one looks at it. Just a reminder of the few people I knew who didn’t recover

And as for me using it as “shock value”, don’t delude yourself that you can read my mind. Just ironic that I saw we hit a million right after I saw Allentown, PA being mentioned as possible show site. And if you want to argue over anything I posted, argue with yourself. Not worth my while...

hey now...he's a first chair dominator. respect his medical acumen! ( just making joke, not taking a shot at anyone)

9 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I thought this was all laid out in DCI's "covid manifesto" ?

yup. they gave the same general non answers in a recent Tim Hinton podcast episode

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

hotels. i'd be amazed schools let anyone in this summer down there

Any thoughts to practice facilities? 

16 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Acting Secretary of Health in PA just ordered a “speed up” in giving vaccinations so state can meet its goal of finishing first group by a certain date.

How do you "finish" a vaccination group by a certain date?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Oh we think alike.... and stopping my comment there...

should mention the acting Secretary just took over the job a few days ago. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I would be surprised if they were to announce an Allentown DCI event.  From what I have seen in corps that have announced their summer intentions most have some idea that they would be regional in the midwest and maybe some type of a texas tour for corps in the southwest.  Going to Allentown would be completely out of sync with their previous intentions and entail a great deal more tour planning and expense.   Things are changing quickly but in my mind (which is wrong quite often) I don't see an Large Allentown event happening. Maybe BAC and Cadets doing an exhibition, but not a major event. 

11 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

"I'm going to leave the room now. You didn't see me here, and this conversation never happened. Finish them off."