Plans to attend August event?

17 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Acting Secretary of Health in PA just ordered a “speed up” in giving vaccinations so state can meet its goal of finishing first group by a certain date. As a cynical ex govt employee who worked in a supply agency I don’t see any info on logistical plans to “make it so”.

I hear that, Jim. A snail's pace in several parts of PA, including where I live.

I'm so far down the eligibility list that I wonder if World War 3 will break out first. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear that, Jim. A snail's pace in several parts of PA, including where I live.

I'm so far down the eligibility list that I wonder if World War 3 will break out first. 

Yep hope someone comes up with reasons and fixes for this mess. Have a 71 year old friend who took 2 trips to State College (100+ Miles) for vaccines. Have neighbor who is 30ish and has a nasty medical issue. Talked to her mom other day and mom drove her to Pittsburgh (4 hour drive) for vaccination. Given both of these ladies were willing to do anything to get vaccinated ASAP but wth?

edit: the trip distances I have are one way 🥵

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep hope someone comes up with reasons and fixes for this mess. Have a 71 year old friend who took 2 trips to State College (100+ Miles) for vaccines. Have neighbor who is 30ish and has a nasty medical issue. Talked to her mom other day and mom drove her to Pittsburgh (4 hour drive) for vaccination. Given both of these ladies were willing to do anything to get vaccinated ASAP but wth?

Contrary to some perceptions, there are so many other places in the world where vaccination isn't any farther ahead.  In fact, for example, Germany is open to using Sputnik V if it's approved in Europe (yet to happen).   They aren't farther ahead. 

One kind of creepy factor in this is I've seen people on social media changing their signatures to show "Received both doses of vaccine." as if it's a status symbol. 

https://www.thelocal.de/20210326/germany-says-ready-to-use-russias-sputnik-v-vaccine-if-approved-by-ema/

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Twenty four hours a day appointments.

If you have the vaccines, which seems to be one of the issues

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If you have the vaccines, which seems to be one of the issues

That's a big one here in Chester County. The county commissioners have been practically begging the state to supply more vaccines. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I recently received a notice from Johns Hopkins that I am eligible for their vaccination list, since I've been a JHH patient in the past three years. So perhaps there will be a couple of trips back to Baltimore for me in the near future. I hope so. Now... if I can just remember how to navigate the JHH outpatient center parking garage. LOL

15 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Now... if I can just remember how to navigate the JHH outpatient center parking garage. LOL

How long can you hold your breath while driving in it 😈. We usually gave up and went to the roof. Then parked by the elevator.

My doc is with Penn State Hershey Med as is my 71 year old friend who went to State College. I might be going there too... eventually 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

How long can you hold your breath while driving in it 😈. We usually gave up and went to the roof. Then parked by the elevator.

Heh... one visit it literally took me as much time to find a spot in that garage as it did to drive there from my house in the Baltimore suburbs. 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Heh... one visit it literally took me as much time to find a spot in that garage as it did to drive there from my house in the Baltimore suburbs. 😂

Off topic but on way out sometimes would turn right and then next left to get to 83. Takes you right by the prison with razor wire UNDER the windows. You can jump out but you ain’t going far 😬

• Haha 1