Plans to attend August event?

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Re the Black Curtain- wasn’t it originally put in place to help the acoustics?

Yes; it's some kind of cloth (probably cotton/polyester/mohair) material to act as 'acoustic panels' to absorb some of the reverb on the visitor's side, visitor seating area, & in front of the glass windows in the end zone area.  (The visitor seating area is already blocked to traffic with crowd control ropes. etc.).  They're also used in other indoor arenas/venues to provide a back drop for concerts & to absorb some of the unwanted reverb.

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

24 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yes; it's some kind of cloth (probably cotton/polyester/mohair) material to act as 'acoustic panels' to absorb some of the reverb on the visitor's side, visitor seating area, & in front of the glass windows in the end zone area.  (The visitor seating area is already blocked to traffic with crowd control ropes. etc.).  They're also used in other indoor arenas/venues to provide a back drop for concerts & to absorb some of the unwanted reverb.

Brother in law works school construction and renovation. Had a school that hung huge acoustic textile panels on the cafeteria walls. Idea was to keep things down to a roar at lunchtime. Had a Smokey fire in the school and they found out the panels also held in the stench very well too. 🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Brother in law works school construction and renovation. Had a school that hung huge acoustic textile panels on the cafeteria walls. Idea was to keep things down to a roar at lunchtime. Had a Smokey fire in the school and they found out the panels also held in the stench very well too. 🤮

I've seen a "cafetorium" in a school that had carpet on the floor to help absorb sound.  Not sure what they were thinking.  It didn't last long before the principal had it changed to commercial tile.   

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I've seen a "cafetorium" in a school that had carpet on the floor to help absorb sound.  Not sure what they were thinking.  It didn't last long before the principal had it changed to commercial tile.   

Going way off topic but my thread heh... Worked in a converted warehouse that had foot thick concrete for the floor. First they put tile down... then found out tile had asbestos base to it. So air seal off area by area and pull up tile and base. Then they put in foot square carpet tiles. Carpet by coffee mess had interesting dark patterns 😬 and still felt like walking on foot thick concrete. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

This may have been shared in an earlier post, but I was curious watching the NCAA Tournament* this weekend.  It looks like the Lucas Oil Stadium capacity is set for 22% this month.  Lucas Oil total capacity is 70,000 x .22 = 15,400 which is split into (2) basketball courts at 6900 & 8500 each.  

I'm hoping the 22% limit will increase into late summer as more folks get vaccinated & cases start to subside.  The first article also has capacity limits for the other venues including the Hinkle Field House, Bankers Life, etc.    

*The VCU basketball team were scheduled to play Oregon last night.  They had to forfeit due to positive COVID-19 cases & weren't able to put a 5-man team on the court.    

https://kslsports.com/455600/ncaa-tournament-attendance-fans-allowed-capacity/

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/sports/ncaa-sets-arena-limits-for-march-madness-at-22-capacity/2332969/

The ESPN bracket:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket

i think for drum corps its 22k to the end zones

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Re the Black Curtain- wasn’t it originally put in place to help the acoustics?

correct

• Thanks 1