Plans to attend August event?

55 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Odd I remember someone posting that the Olympics were canceled already? 

In 2020 I saw they were postponed but don’t remember seeing any updates until now. Also noticed the Paralympics are doing same...

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

Odd I remember someone posting that the Olympics were canceled already? 

They are not banned yet.  You don't need to worry, you will be working hard in your participant corps in the first leaders chair extraordinaire otherwise known to band people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

In 2020 I saw they were postponed but don’t remember seeing any updates until now. Also noticed the Paralympics are doing same...

The new Tokyo Summer Olympics 2020 dates =  July 23 - August 8, 2021

https://www.olympic.org/all-information-about-the-olympic-games-tokyo-2020-and-covid-19

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

33 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

The new Tokyo Summer Olympics 2020 dates =  July 23 - August 8, 2021

https://www.olympic.org/all-information-about-the-olympic-games-tokyo-2020-and-covid-19

I presume the athletes that decide to participate will have to quarantine, then stay in some type of "bubble" like the Australian Open.

With no international fans, Japan's tourism industry won't get much out of this.

According to one of the sports shows I heard, a number of US and International athletes are still hesitant to go.

Wonder if they will find a way for US athletes to "go to the front of the line" for vaccinations ?

9 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Wonder if they will find a way for US athletes to "go to the front of the line" for vaccinations ?

Weird timing... just got a post from an out of state relative who said I “should go to chain drugstores just before they close to see if they have left over vaccines”. 🤯

Anyone else think of Oliver Twist asking for more gruel? “Please sir...”

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Weird timing... just got a post from an out of state relative who said I “should go to chain drugstores just before they close to see if they have left over vaccines”. 🤯

That's one of the strategies they have suggested in NJ.

Sometimes they have doses left at the end of the day.

Right now its Phizer and Maderna.

J&J won't come back until the end of the month.

As long as you don't have anything else to do, its worth a shot.

Some places will even call people on their waiting list.

7 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

That's one of the strategies they have suggested in NJ.

Sometimes they have doses left at the end of the day.

Right now its Phizer and Maderna.

J&J won't come back until the end of the month.

As long as you don't have anything else to do, its worth a shot.

Some places will even call people on their waiting list.

Not even sure which local places are giving shots as still in first phase and everything hush hush if you are not in that group. (Or in that group but no internet or text access. Neighbor blew up about that yesterday to me.) Plus have couple of hospitals within a few miles and they seem to be doing most of the work. My understanding is can’t get on wait list unless in the current group. I’m in the tail end Charlie “who didn’t we get yet group”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Anyone else think of Oliver Twist asking for more gruel? “Please sir...”

They pull the doses scheduled for the day, but if people don't show up, they'd rather give it to someone at the end of the day rather than waste it.  I thought it was odd, too.  But when I was getting my vaccine, 2 people around my time (at the end of the day) were no shows.  2 people randomly wanted the vaccine and were able to get initial shots.  A vaccine in the trash doesn't do anyone any good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ages 16 and up now eligible for vaccination in Arizona with appointments available. Good News.