Plans to attend August event?

1 minute ago, Continental said:

Is that related to the reported mild flu-like symptoms that sometimes show up after the second dose?  I know a couple of people who didn't have any symptoms after the second dose.  

I'm not scheduled yet for my first shot.  It looks like that could happen within the next week or two, but here they are delaying the second dosage so that more people are able to get at least one shot.  I will probably be given the Astrazenica vaccine. 

Most I know had no reaction to the 1st shot and 1/2 maybe did on the 2nd. I had the Moderna shot and nothing on the first BUT after the 2nd 24 hours later was out of commission for  2 days

8 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Most I know had no reaction to the 1st shot and 1/2 maybe did on the 2nd. I had the Moderna shot and nothing on the first BUT after the 2nd 24 hours later was out of commission for  2 days

What did you feel when you were out of commission?

58 minutes ago, Continental said:

Is that related to the reported mild flu-like symptoms that sometimes show up after the second dose?  I know a couple of people who didn't have any symptoms after the second dose.  

I'm not scheduled yet for my first shot.  It looks like that could happen within the next week or two, but here they are delaying the second dosage so that more people are able to get at least one shot.  I will probably be given the Astrazenica vaccine. 

Have two younger family members (work day care and long term care so in first group) who said second shot hit them harder. First shot was only sore at injection point or arm. Second one was felt washed out for day or two. Still worth getting the protection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

I'm not privy to the information contained on the ancient scrolls which you speak on. 

Well that’s one way to describe ye olde internet newsgroups. 

1 hour ago, Continental said:

After the first dose I was a bit tired, but I had the shot on a Saturday after an incredibly busy week, so I may have been tired anyway. After the second dose I had no side effects. Generally I am lucky. I grew up working at my father’s drug store and taught for six years. I think between sick customers and sick kids, I developed a strong immunity so if I am sick, I am really sick. I may have had side effects and didn’t notice. 

Thecradio show was more about people who were already hesitant about the vaccine hearing of the side effects and it was more about people hearing false claims and basing decisions on the claims. 

Things aren’t looking great for AstraZenica although that changes from day to day. I had Moderna. Good luck and hope you get vaccinated soon.

1 hour ago, Continental said:

What did you feel when you were out of commission?

It came on fast just 24 hours later. I thought I was home free but just after 24 hours It was like I was getting sick, flu like, no fever, . It felt like I was beaten up, muscle weakness, a need to sleep, sore throat ish, just very fluish . It lasted  about a day and a day and 1/2.

I have a sickly relative who also had the 2nd shot , and nothing. Go figure

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 11:54 PM, O'Neal's said:

Why is PA so far behind in getting the Vaccine out? Is it something that is obvious? 

In Florida they are on 50 and up. According to Florida shortly they will be on 40 and older. Some locations already offering it. In Texas I read 50+ was also available now. 

yeah we have more people than some places do, plus every state was left to their own desires for how to distribute. which is why i said a notionally coordinated effort on every aspect from day 1 could have limited the damage so much.

Plus in some states you have higher concentrations of people that refuse to get the vaccine than others

13 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

The topic is not me. Don't get fascinated about the word banned. 

I will continue to dominate as a lead. also known as first chair in band. 

many of us were first chair in our band days. congrats, you're a schlep like the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Any of you former RAMDer's remember Howdy?  

We may have a reincarnation

no, too good with punctuation

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Reactions can vary a lot.

My wife had no reaction to her first Moderna shot.Not as lucky with her second dose.

Very sore arm at the injection site.Much worse at night ,when she was trying to sleep.Lasted a few days.

My dad got the J&J.Had "spots" on his forehead,kind of like "pimples" and a rash on his chest and abdomen,that lasted about a week.

My dad's Home Health Aide's family is from Jamaica.

One of her family members had an issue with "clotting" after getting the Astra vaccine.She wasn't sure  how severe they were.

My vet had the worst reaction I know of personally.Severe vertigo.He said it took two days for him to be able to get up.He said he's not sure about getting the second dose.

• Like 1