Jump to content

Plans to attend August event?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, inbetween said:

I had the Pfizer doses. First one, didn't notice anything. Second one, I legit thought I had the flu. Body aches and chills and a fever of almost 101. 

That's suppose to be a good thing.  The 1st dose creates antibodies & when the 2nd dose is administered, your immune system recognizes something foreign that's trying to invade your cells.  Your immune system is fighting what is perceives to be the virus.  Or that's what the experts say... 👍😷  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else see DCI will be announcing more information about this "summer" on the 31st? 

 

  • Sounds like there’s still no “official” name for the August event, but Dan kept using the world “Celebration”

  • Season will definitely be non-competitve and expect most shows to be shorter in length

  • DCI is announcing more plans on March 31st. It sounds like there will be a couple more DCI sanctioned events, especially one in Allentown.

  • DCI has formed a committee of corps directors and other advisors to create a reopening plan. The plan both gives guidance to how corps should operate and how DCI will operate events. Ultimately, a lot of decisions will be left up to the corps themselves on how best to operate and serve their members.

  • It needs to be kept in mind that DCI is still at the mercy of local health officials and ordinances in terms of hosting events.

  • Some corps will not be traveling to Indy in August nor are fielding a corps altogether, but no corps have yet to fold completely

  • A bit of discussion on the state of SoundSport & Drumline Battle and where those programs are headed

  • Dan made what seemed to be a half jokingly comment that maybe the roof at Lucas Oil will open at some point

Edited by inbetween
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not to be a wet blanket but wasn’t it getting harder and harder to find housing and practice facilities for corps for DCI East (aka Allentown) during the 2010s.

Ironic timing alert: PA just hit a million Covid cases 🥵

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not to be a wet blanket but wasn’t it getting harder and harder to find housing and practice facilities for corps for DCI East (aka Allentown) during the 2010s.

Ironic timing alert: PA just hit a million Covid cases 🥵

A million cases for the entire pandemic? What is the hospitalization and ICU rate? Case rate is just not the right way to look at it imo. The case rate is used for shock factor.

The case rate for the USA has trended in the lower direction for a few months now. That is a good thing. 

 

Edited by O'Neal's
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not to be a wet blanket but wasn’t it getting harder and harder to find housing and practice facilities for corps for DCI East (aka Allentown) during the 2010s.

Ironic timing alert: PA just hit a million Covid cases 🥵

If there is an Allentown event, it would probably not be a all corps event. I could see a one night show in Allentown feature Cadets and Boston Crusaders and perhaps some others having a show as they head to Texas. I can’t see an Allentown stop between Texas and Indy. Travel wise it would be difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

A million cases for the entire pandemic? What is the hospitalization and ICU rate? Case rate is just not the right way to look at it imo. The case rate is used for shock factor.

The case rate for the USA has trended in the lower direction for a few months now. That is a good thing. 

 

If you want to dig into that much feel free. As a life long PA resident that’s just a sad number to me no matter how one looks at it. Just a reminder of the few people I knew who didn’t recover

And as for me using it as “shock value”, don’t delude yourself that you can read my mind. Just ironic that I saw we hit a million right after I saw Allentown, PA being mentioned as possible show site. And if you want to argue over anything I posted, argue with yourself. Not worth my while...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

If there is an Allentown event, it would probably not be a all corps event. I could see a one night show in Allentown feature Cadets and Boston Crusaders and perhaps some others having a show as they head to Texas. I can’t see an Allentown stop between Texas and Indy. Travel wise it would be difficult.

Only way I can see it too Tim. First time I saw Allentown mentioned and the facility issues popped into my mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just posted in The Tennessean (Nashville's newspaper): Nashville to offer COVID-19 vaccine to everyone 16 or older by April 5. 

I noticed that this year, Music City has 16 as the youngest age they will accept.  Also, when questioned about them charging the same fees this year ($3000) as a regular season, two of the reasons given were the costs for CV19 saliva tests and socially distanced housing (hotels).  So I'm guessing this is typical for all the corps who have announced they are marching this year.  I find it encouraging.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Just posted in The Tennessean (Nashville's newspaper): Nashville to offer COVID-19 vaccine to everyone 16 or older by April 5. 

 

You can open offer the vaccine to whoever you want.

If you don't have supply,it doesn't matter.

That's what NJ did.

Our Governor keeps expanding eligibility.

But,given the limited vaccine supply,all that's done is make it even harder to get an appointment.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, inbetween said:

 

 

  •  

  • DCI has formed a committee of corps directors and other advisors to create a reopening plan. The plan both gives guidance to how corps should operate and how DCI will operate events. Ultimately, a lot of decisions will be left up to the corps themselves on how best to operate and serve their members.

  •  

I thought this was all laid out in DCI's "covid manifesto" ?

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JohnZ locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...