Plans to attend August event?

21 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If you want to dig into that much feel free. As a life long PA resident that’s just a sad number to me no matter how one looks at it. Just a reminder of the few people I knew who didn’t recover

And as for me using it as “shock value”, don’t delude yourself that you can read my mind. Just ironic that I saw we hit a million right after I saw Allentown, PA being mentioned as possible show site. And if you want to argue over anything I posted, argue with yourself. Not worth my while...

I never said "You" were using it as shock value. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

hey now...he's a first chair dominator. respect his medical acumen! ( just making joke, not taking a shot at anyone)

hey now.....jeff is flaming threads. respect his acumen on every subject! (just making joke, not taking a shot at anyone)

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

I never said "You" were using it as shock value. 

Quote was “case rate is used for shock value” without specifying who it was directed at. (And right after I brought up number of cases.) So I misread your intent

Thank you for clearing that up 👍

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

My wife and I got our first jabs of the Moderna vaccine last Friday and the next day booked our Airbnb for Indy, so we will be there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I would be surprised if they were to announce an Allentown DCI event.  From what I have seen in corps that have announced their summer intentions most have some idea that they would be regional in the midwest and maybe some type of a texas tour for corps in the southwest.  Going to Allentown would be completely out of sync with their previous intentions and entail a great deal more tour planning and expense.   Things are changing quickly but in my mind (which is wrong quite often) I don't see an Large Allentown event happening. Maybe BAC and Cadets doing an exhibition, but not a major event. 

Last I had heard, Bluecoats are tentatively planning on going to Allentown, though they might just be driving in and out from Canton for the event. (That would be a really long day.)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Last I had heard, Bluecoats are tentatively planning on going to Allentown, though they might just be driving in and out from Canton for the event. (That would be a really long day.)

And PA turnpike is soooo entertaining to watch from a bus seat. 🥵

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Quote was “case rate is used for shock value” without specifying who it was directed at. (And right after I brought up number of cases.) So I misread your intent

Thank you for clearing that up 👍

Yes I can see that. I should have added "case rates used for shock value in the media" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

Yes I can see that. I should have added "case rates used for shock value in the media" 

That works... 

On 3/24/2021 at 12:42 AM, Jeff Ream said:

many of us were first chair in our band days. congrats, you're a schlep like the rest of us.

I’ve been first chair. I’ve been last chair. I’ve been every chair in-between. In no ensemble I have ever been a part of, has anyone claimed they dominated the rest of us. We always took the team approach to our music, or even the family approach. We just did our job and took delight in our shared success.

16 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any thoughts to practice facilities? 

i honestly think any events except Indy or in a less restrictive state or going to be leave their bubble, bus to the site, warm up, perform, and leave.

you know, the DCA model

• Like 2