Plans to attend August event?

16 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear that, Jim. A snail's pace in several parts of PA, including where I live.

I'm so far down the eligibility list that I wonder if World War 3 will break out first. 

at your age you should be eligible

(ducks)

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

That's a big one here in Chester County. The county commissioners have been practically begging the state to supply more vaccines. 

the state has begging for more doses. excuse me Commonwealth

• Like 1

12 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

hey now.....jeff is flaming threads. respect his acumen on every subject! (just making joke, not taking a shot at anyone)

not flaming. been here just shy of 20 years now. Call me a survivor

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’ve been first chair. I’ve been last chair. I’ve been every chair in-between. In no ensemble I have ever been a part of, has anyone claimed they dominated the rest of us. We always took the team approach to our music, or even the family approach. We just did our job and took delight in our shared success.

I heard it said BITD that the musical parts that were most difficult to play was 2nd sop.  Needed a big range - 1st sops were playing the high stuff, 3rd sops the low, but 2nd had to have range to play both.

33 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I heard it said BITD that the musical parts that were most difficult to play was 2nd sop.  Needed a big range - 1st sops were playing the high stuff, 3rd sops the low, but 2nd had to have range to play both.

When I was talking about chairs, I was thinking more of concert bands, jazz bands, concert orchestras, etc.—not so much drum corps. Back when I marched, there were just parts, not chairs. I started out when I was 15 playing second sop, which was a part that required good technique, but not the upper range of lead sop. The rest of my drum corps career, I played lead. In either case, 1st or 2nd sop, I never marched with a “dominator.” Like I said before, we just did our assigned jobs, and shared our successes as a corps. The only thing we wanted to dominate was our competition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Actually, now that I think of it, if there were arrangements that called for it, 5th trumpet in jazz band was always a great part—it always got cool solos. 

"Traditional thinking going on here and it depends upon the perceived "sanctity" of established traditions of DCI. Also, those exercising these traditions are seen as legitimate, and thus unquestioned. Thus both the institution of traditional DCI and the persons working under this tradition are respected without question, based upon the collective social perception that such systems are correct as a result of their previous establishment. (old ways of thinking)

Thus the administrative structure associated with this kind of domination is particularistic and diffuse. Patriarchalism and feudalism are characteristics of such a structure, not giving much room for negotiation to those being dominated."

I don't get confused with the greatness and building upon daily domination with the topics at hand during daily life. Lets not lose focus on what all means. 

Marching in the summer coming to a state near you? Dominating the summer with sound and visuals. 

2 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

"Traditional thinking going on here and it depends upon the perceived "sanctity" of established traditions of DCI. Also, those exercising these traditions are seen as legitimate, and thus unquestioned. Thus both the institution of traditional DCI and the persons working under this tradition are respected without question, based upon the collective social perception that such systems are correct as a result of their previous establishment. (old ways of thinking)

Thus the administrative structure associated with this kind of domination is particularistic and diffuse. Patriarchalism and feudalism are characteristics of such a structure, not giving much room for negotiation to those being dominated."

I don't get confused with the greatness and building upon daily domination with the topics at hand during daily life. Lets not lose focus on what all means. 

Marching in the summer coming to a state near you? Dominating the summer with sound and visuals. 

Hey, I’m a Dino. It’s even in my screen name.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

That really looks cut and past and as a result, not in your own words and belief.

Maybe it was the massive font that often occurs during cut and paste. 

We often like to choose other people's words to emphasize our own, yet when doing so, indicate sources as well as make sure to modify the effects of cutting and pasting.   We also use "quotations" to emphasize outside resources. 

• Haha 1