Plans to attend August event?

On 3/9/2021 at 12:21 PM, ibexpercussion said:

I plan on attending, but seem to think this year will be a glorified exhibition event and not really a contest/competition. Which could be really exciting as far as what corps may try to do this year for their repertoire, and possibly bring back some classic tunes.

Crossmen are working on exciting things. See you in Indy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Continental said:

TBH, there is nothing "international" about DCI that is going to happen for the next while.  

I sincerely hope that at some point other countries participate.  

But BD International is (are) going to Switzerland! 😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

33 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Is there any official announcement or is this in the rumor category?

Not trying to troll, just curious.

Per Facebook announcement & it was probably on their other SM sites.  They did include a caveat statement of being able to travel in safe conditions, etc.  Just thought it was interesting; hope they're able to travel! 😷

https://www.facebook.com/thebluedevils/photos/a.87398838144/10158856665858145/

https://bluedevils.org/programs/international-corps/

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Per Facebook announcement & it was probably on their other SM sites.  They did include a caveat statement of being able to travel in safe conditions, etc.  Just thought it was interesting; hope they're able to travel! 😷

Good for them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

https://bluedevils.org/programs/international-corps/

This sums up the approach of an organization who gets it. “The BD Experience has always been unique, but for 2021 we were tasked with reimagining a new approach that would allow us to Reconnect, Reinvent, and Reunite in ways that honor our commitment to innovative excellence. We believe that what we have planned for this summer is undoubtedly one of the most unique and rewarding experiences ever offered by a marching arts organization.”

In other words they’re not going to waste the organizations money attending a meaningless silly event in sterile town USA just to keep DCI afloat. They’re actually providing an lifetime experience for their members. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

This sums up the approach of an organization who gets it. “The BD Experience has always been unique, but for 2021 we were tasked with reimagining a new approach that would allow us to Reconnect, Reinvent, and Reunite in ways that honor our commitment to innovative excellence. We believe that what we have planned for this summer is undoubtedly one of the most unique and rewarding experiences ever offered by a marching arts organization.”

In other words they’re not going to waste the organizations money attending a meaningless silly event in sterile town USA just to keep DCI afloat. They’re actually providing an lifetime experience for their members. 

I sincerely hope their experience in Switzerland is as warm hearted as a visit with Heidi and Grandfather on the Alps. 

I've been to Switzerland....

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

There’s that thinking outside the box thingee.... 👍 

But... they won’t get a score 😈

10 minutes ago, skevinp said:

She was responding to a post about Indy in the context of Indy and was clearly talking about Indy.  

Can we please not insult other posters?  

Fool me once.  Shame on thee.

Fool me twice.  Shame on me. 

Fool me thrice.  DCP

• Haha 2