Plans to attend August event?

2 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

It makes no sense to me that it would be safer to travel on a international flight and then to a foreign country where all types of things could go wrong. What would happen if a travel restriction is placed on them after they are in that foreign country. In my opinion the risk is more with this plan than a trip to Indy. 

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

I must say that was my first thought.  Maybe there are good answers, but it is certainly a worthwhile point to raise.  

I had similar thoughts.

Wish BD well this summer. I hope they return to DCI next year.

• Like 1

Earlier this week, I sent an email to DCI asking when we could be expecting to hear details about ticket sales. The following is the response I received:

Good Morning and thank you for your email, 

The office and corps are still working on the details for the 2021 events in Indianapolis and anticipate information to come out around the end of this month or the first half of April.

We thank you for your patience at this time.  Looking forward to provide updates to you and all the fans in the near future.

DCI Support

(I "bolded" what I thought was the important part of the response.)

• Like 2

The US cdc have travel information posted that people should avoid travel to Switzerland. They say all travelers should avoid all travel to Switzerland, their words not mine. 

Blue Devils are not catching much criticism here for indicating they are going to travel there. Many poop on the idea of corps going to Indiana but are not pooping on the Blue Devils. 

Edited by O'Neal's

4 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

The US cdc have travel information posted that people should avoid travel to Switzerland. They say all travelers should avoid all travel to Switzerland, their words not mine. 

Blue Devils are not catching much criticism here for indicating they are going to travel there. Many poop on the idea of corps going to Indiana but are not pooping on the Blue Devils. 

I understand you are planning to march this season.  Perhaps, rather than criticizing the choices the Blue Devils or other Corps make for 2021, your time could be better spent by practicing your chosen instrument or piece of equipment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

What’s to criticize a 19 time DCI World Champion! 

And one that seems to have its management, $$$ and general #### together for so many decades

• Like 2

4 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

I think the better way to describe this trip is representatives of the Blue Devils will be going to Switzerland. It is not the full corps doing a Swiss tour and for this upcoming season, that can work fine. If the full corps decided not to participate in 2022, the 50th anniversary year, that would be a different matter. As it is, travel safely and represent drum corps well.

• Thanks 1