Plans to attend August event?

26 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I think the better way to describe this trip is representatives of the Blue Devils will be going to Switzerland. 

They usually use age outs who are part of their international group.  Some might not be BD alumni.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last time they went over it was in Sept Oct they did an exhibition at DCE finals then went to Switzerland. So most of the DCI corps was probably back in school.  Also one reason the season was cancelled was the bingo hall was closed for a while and they were unsure of their finances, It states in the announcement that they have found other sponsors for this tour, and it is very much not written in stone yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I understand you are planning to march this season.  Perhaps, rather than criticizing the choices the Blue Devils or other Corps make for 2021, your time could be better spent by practicing your chosen instrument or piece of equipment. 

Thank you for the suggestions. I am already a model of excellence and I keep adding to the champion that I am. Here I am the lead, also known as first chair to you band or dca types.

I keep working out my chops and I keep emanating excellence and dominating daily.  

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, skevinp said:

She was responding to a post about Indy in the context of Indy and was clearly talking about Indy.  

Can we please not insult other posters?  

well...no she wasn't. but thanks for playing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, skevinp said:

Not sure what your point is, or why anyone would have a problem with asking that we not insult people.  

you missed some posts that don't seem to be here any longer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

It makes no sense to me that it would be safer to travel on a international flight and then to a foreign country where all types of things could go wrong. What would happen if a travel restriction is placed on them after they are in that foreign country. In my opinion the risk is more with this plan than a trip to Indy. 

well, many countries seem to have been far more unified in the approach to Covid than we have here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

The US cdc have travel information posted that people should avoid travel to Switzerland. They say all travelers should avoid all travel to Switzerland, their words not mine. 

Blue Devils are not catching much criticism here for indicating they are going to travel there. Many poop on the idea of corps going to Indiana but are not pooping on the Blue Devils. 

i didn't know that advisory was there. granted, I didn't praise BD for the idea, but i havent criticized them either.

Why?

Because no matter where you are or go, there's too much unknown.

2 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I am already a model of excellence and I keep adding to the champion that I am. Here I am the lead, also known as first chair to you band or dca types.

I keep working out my chops and I keep emanating excellence and dominating daily.  

Nice to hear you are EEing and DDing.  🙂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Here I am the lead, also known as first chair to you band or dca types.

First time I’ve head of first chair term used for DCA but been a looong time since I marched. Maybe we ask which instrument?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

First time I’ve head of first chair term used for DCA but been a looong time since I marched. Maybe we ask which instrument?

First chair in the 3rd trumpet section?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1