2021 Corps Size & Midwest Combine Rumors

On 3/9/2021 at 6:24 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Post on DCP Facebook group says DCI is increasing Corps size limit, for 2021 only, to 165 marching members.  Ostensibly this is to allow all alternates to perform on the field as well.

Is there any truth to this, or is it an unfounded rumor?

The upside would be additional people get to perform; I  suppose if they are bringing alternates along anyway it won't add to bus/housing requirements.

And on Reddit there are allusions to a Midwest 'Combine', with Cavaliers, Phantom, Blue Stars, Colts, & perhaps others who will do day trips to performance locations, but return to home base for overnights.  That would simplify the housing issue.

This makes no sense at all. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 4:03 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

As I understand it, none of these performances will be judged. All exhibitions. 

I’ve heard, but maybe outdated now, that a corps would have the option to be judged and scored for their own use but scores would not be announced and there would be no competition.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:24 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Post on DCP Facebook group

that says it all right there.

• Like 2

Exited from DCP FB. Nasty people there!

BTW........ Band and Choral directors school districts may use their music performance assessments as an evaluation tool. If your group gets a Superior, then the director adds to their evaluation. Not all do that though.

40 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

BTW........ Band and Choral directors school districts may use their music performance assessments as an evaluation tool. If your group gets a Superior, then the director adds to their evaluation. Not all do that though.

I still can't decide if i'm ok with that or not. 

On 3/12/2021 at 8:19 AM, inbetween said:

I still can't decide if i'm ok with that or not. 

It only matters what we think. Also, I would like to have my groups music performance assessment be a part of my evaluation. This year though.....I and my groups will not participate. 

• Haha 1